Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warning Light - Test this week

• 15-06-2009 12:19pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There's a light that comes on in my car for no apparent reason, it's the light that illuminates when the handbrake is engaged, but it comes on even when the handbrake is off and I'm in transit.. It passed the NCT last Wednesday and it has recently been serviced and the mechanic didn't mention it (I also forgot to say it to him ) Anyway I read somewhere that if there's a warning light on in the car the tester will not let you do the test in it...

Considering it has just passed the NCT and it's not REALLY a warning sign, just an indication that the handbrake is on, what are the chances of him/her overlooking it ??

Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

i'd get it fixed. no point in risking it on the day. There is a possibility they may fail you for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 betterdrive.net

That warning light is red and usually points to a problem with the braking system. It could be low brake fluid or worse. Get it checked before you drive anywhere.

xzanti wrote: »
    There's a light that comes on in my car for no apparent reason, it's the light that illuminates when the handbrake is engaged, but it comes on even when the handbrake is off and I'm in transit.. It passed the NCT last Wednesday and it has recently been serviced and the mechanic didn't mention it (I also forgot to say it to him ) Anyway I read somewhere that if there's a warning light on in the car the tester will not let you do the test in it...

Considering it has just passed the NCT and it's not REALLY a warning sign, just an indication that the handbrake is on, what are the chances of him/her overlooking it ??

Cheers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

aye, get it checked mate

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I've booked in with the mechanic for Wednesday, he reckons it sounds like I need new brake pads :rolleyes: bloody car has my heart broken..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mhmmm sounds like you need new brake pads to me, best to get it sorted anyway as the test wont be conducted if the light is on for your test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

Check the brake fluid first.

I had this on my car and I got the pads replaced first, cost a fair chunk, light stayed on, topped up the brake fluid for a couple of euro, and bingo light turned off.

Try the cheaper option first!

It wouldn't of passed the NCT with worn pads would it? I'm not sure.

Advertisement