Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCTS in .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications

Options
  • 15-06-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

I have done a website in ASP.NET 2.0 and am interested in getting certified in it in some way to help me get a job. I was thinking of doing the MCTS in .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications but I think you have to do the 70-536 exam (Application Development Foundation) first?
    Also, I am based in Cork and there doesn't seem to be many places that prepare you for these exams (I read the sticky;PFH Computers and the FAS centre in Cork seem to be the only two).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

You dont need a course specifically to do the exam you can always use the book

The MCTS Web App 2.0 is a 2 exam cert but once you have completed 70-536 you can use it for all the rest of the exams on 2.0 and 3.5

There are couple of links in my sig for this and also these may help

70-536 Exam stuff
    MS Training Kits Errata
    70-528 Tips

Ant other q's just shout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Ginger wrote: »

The MCTS Web App 2.0 is a 2 exam cert but once you have completed 70-536 you can use it for all the rest of the exams on 2.0 and 3.5

Does that mean that once I've done the 70-536 I don't need to do the Web App 2.0?
    Thanks for the links.

No what it means is this

70-536 + 70-528 = MCTS Web Applications 2.0

You need the combination of the 2 exams to get the cert

But say you want the MCTS ASP.NET 3.5 cert after getting the one above you only need exam 70-562 to get that because it is

70-536 + 70-562 = MCTS ASP.NET but you already have 70-536 completed so only 1 exam

OK, I've asked PFH Computers here in Cork but they don't train people in a group as there isn't the demand and training on a one-to-one basis is about grand a day!
    I suppose I could go and study for the exam on my own if I had the right books and online resources, I know a bit of .NET already.
    I wonder how much study would it take to get ready to sit for those exams (70-536 and 70-528)?

Some of the tips on my blog will give you an idea.. if you are working with .NET for about a year, it will take about a month to 6 weeks of study to get through the foundations exam and less for the ASP.NET exam especially if you are working in ASP.NET so overal about 3 months depending on your skills, and committment

• Advertisement

That's not too bad, I got a pdf version of that book on your blog (http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCTS-Self-Paced-Training-70-536-2-0%2597Application/dp/0735622779/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1211179507&sr=11-1
    There's about a thousand pages in it.:eek:

Advertisement