Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL VAT charge - but it's marked as a gift - do I have to pay?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Don%27t%20feed%20the%20troll.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Aziraphale

Paulw wrote: »
    Pay too late and it'll be shipped back to Japan, and then you'll have to pay the company in Japan to ship it back again. :D

Cheaper than the VAT...

Don%27t%20feed%20the%20troll.jpg

That poor troll! What has the artist done to it and what are they trying to feed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

This is all very taxing TBH :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Aziraphale wrote: »
    Cheaper than the VAT...

And again when they ship it back you'll be charged the VAT. So, you'll be paying for shipping twice, and you still have to pay the VAT.

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    And again when they ship it back you'll be charged the VAT. So, you'll be paying for shipping twice, and you still have to pay the VAT.

Is it not like a lottery, as in: they charge some parcels tax but not others?

I'm not going to do it this way anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Try and see. Let us know how you get on. LOL.

But in your case, you'll get the Vat bill again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'm not going to do it this way anyway.
    Yeah just like the lotto actually.

Seriously next time buy from the EU if you cant grasp the concept of import duty.
    Importing outside the EU might look like a bargain but it never is because of import duty.

Stop trying to defraud the Revenue commissioners and start learning some basic facts of life.

I wonder how your dad handles his tax in his business. Must be one hell of a comedy show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is it not like a lottery, as in:

It'll cost you a lot of money for the minute chance of a big pay-off, and in the end you'll get no return. Yes, it's exactly like the lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Medceltic

Bought a Camera less than €1400 from Hong kong ... customs asked me for €520, I sent them the PayPal invoice.
    The Camera supposed to be for my personal use.
    Didnt know about Duty... I had to send back the Camera. nearly the half price...
    No Ebay buying anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement