Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phones with wireless internet

• 15-06-2009 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

so, can anyone tell me or link me to good and decently priced phones, that allow to surf the net etc over wireless broadband, so you dont get charged credit. What I mean is like the iphone or ipod touch, that sort of thing.
    Like is there phones that allow you use online webmessengers and go on youtube over the wireless net.

My budget would be u to about €150, and can just link me to the phone itself, like a review or something, or just tell me the name of it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Nokia 5800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Large range of phones that have wifi function nowadays. Have you any other requirements that you want on it? Or a particular network? Or a preferred brand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Davy wrote: »
    Large range of phones that have wifi function nowadays. Have you any other requirements that you want on it? Or a particular network? Or a preferred brand?
    Id prob like a phone with a touchscreen, but id take a normal style phone also, brands i like are sony erricson, nokia, LG.

Does the LG cookie have this cabability? And also, will these browsers be as fast as like on the ipod touch, as thats fairly fast when im near he wireless router.

Also, can you download stuff off the internet, like pictures, songs etc on to your phone like the ipod touch? And can most of these phones look at sites like youtube etc where java is on the page.

When im searching for a phone, what would I need to look out for in the specs, as I see mobile internet on alot of phones, but is that the old style phone net where its very slow and limited and you get charged to use it, im just looking for basically like a laptop type browsing over wireless broadband, where you can view any sites.

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Id prob like a phone with a touchscreen, but id take a normal style phone also, brands i like are sony erricson, nokia, LG.

With touchscreen you haven't got that many to choose from, and you will probably have to fork out more than €150. What network are you on? Bill or pay as you go?

Does the LG cookie have this cabability?

No

Also, can you download stuff off the internet, like pictures, songs etc on to your phone like the ipod touch? And can most of these phones look at sites like youtube etc where java is on the page.

Yes

When im searching for a phone, what would I need to look out for in the specs, as I see mobile internet on alot of phones, but is that the old style phone net where its very slow and limited and you get charged to use it, im just looking for basically like a laptop type browsing over wireless broadband, where you can view any sites.

Any phone that has Wifi/WLAN in the specs is what you want to look out for.

The 5800 as mentioned already is a very popular touchscreen phone at the moment which has wlan but over your €150 budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Id be going for Pay as you go. I guess I could go to about €170 but not much more. Ill have a look online sure in the specs of phones. Thanks for the help. But could you link me to about 3 or 4 phones with this capability. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Id be going for Pay as you go. I guess I could go to about €170 but not much more. Ill have a look online sure in the specs of phones. Thanks for the help. But could you link me to about 3 or 4 phones with this capability. Thanks.

Both Meteor and O2 have the Nokia E51 on prepay for €169.99 and €179.99 respectively. Neither 3 or Vodafone, according to their websites, have any Wi-Fi handsets on prepay in or around your price limit.

These all have wlan but only the LG is touch screen. Have a look at the Nokia 5800 its more suitable to your needs and newer than any of these but around the €200 mark if buying up north.

E51

N78

LG KS20

Advertisement