Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra bin bags

Options
  • 15-06-2009 2:30pm

After a bbq at the weekend, i've a few extra bin bags full of rubbish. What is the easiest and cheaest way to get rid of them? We normally have our black wheelie bin collected every 2 weeks and it's due to be collected thursday.

Can i just buy bin tags and stick them on the rubbish bags?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

You'd be surprised how much extra you'll fit in your bin if you throw on a pair of wellies and stand in it - I presume they're all cans and stuff from a bbq, or boxes, which compress a lot. No expense.

Trust me, I'm not gonna fit it all in.

Cheers for the reply though. Anyone else?

Edit: Just rang the council, apparently i can't just put bin tags on them. Her advice was to just wait til the wheelie bin wasn't as full and then top it up with the excess bags or to ask a neighbour could we put stuff in their bin. Not very helpful advice at all.

Think I'll just wait til the binmen get here and go out and offer them a few quid to throw the bags in the back.

Advertisement