Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent baby equipment ?

Options
  • 15-06-2009 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am in Dublin and have a friend visiting me in July with her 6 year old boy, for two weeks. Would anyone know of a place where I could rent a car seat, push chair etc for a few weeks rather than have to buy them brand new and dump them after 2 weeks ?
    Would a booster seat be enough for him in the car ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Do 6 year olds even need a pushchair???

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rosepetal

Dont mean to be nosey but why would a 6 yr old boy need a push chair???. As regards using a booster seat for a 6 yr old, as far as I know, its ok legally but in practice a highback booster is safer. I dont know of anywhere you can rent that sort of thing, tbh it would prob be as dear as buying one. Check out this one on the argos site, its a reasonable price I think http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3763485/c_1/1|category_root|Nursery|12160836/c_2/2|cat_12160836|Car+and+booster+seats|12160859.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Unless the child has special needs there's not much equipment you would need for a 6 year old other than the booster seat. I don't think a 6 year old would need a buggy... my 4 year old hasn't been in one for a year and a half. You should check with the parents to see what their requirements are.

Advertisement