Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of a decent car service in Dublin

• 15-06-2009 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Falloni

Can anyone recommend a garage that does a good routine car service in Dublin? i have been calling around and it seems it cost anything from €200-€250 for a basic service- i thought that service costs had reduced since the downturn!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What car?
    What kind of service - are you p[lanning on having coolant/brake fluid/etc renewed as part of a normal service schedule? From what I gather, you just want your oil, filters and plugs changed - shouldn't cost much - might even be cheaper to DIY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Falloni

yes just a routine service, oil change and oil & air filters etc - it's just a A3 1.6 Petrol - 47k on the clock.

Does anyone recommend a cheaper but good garage? Thanks

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Any garage could do it - as I said you could even DIY. However, when is the timing belt due?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If you have time you should invest in a some axle stands and a few spanners and look into doing it yourself.

I recently done my own Integra, changed brake pads, changed oil filter, changed oil, changed air filter, total cost was around the €90 mark excluding the tools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Falloni wrote: »
    yes just a routine service, oil change and oil & air filters etc - it's just a A3 1.6 Petrol - 47k on the clock.

Does anyone recommend a cheaper but good garage? Thanks

100 to 120 euro would be enough to pay for this. Main Audi dealers are doing 99 euro oil & oil filter change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

There is a guy advertises on this site (and also thread in bargain alerts) for a full service & valet for €199 - boards members get a 20% discount so it works out at €160 all in (www.davemastersmotors.ie)

Had my passat done there on Saturday & very happy with the service. He is based on the Kylemore Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

There's an ad for Renault on cbg.ie advertising a full service with a bluetooth phone kit for €179.00

I know yours is an Audi but the offer is all makes and models.

A lot of garages are advertising €99 services but just be careful, an oil and filter change is not a full service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

smooch71 wrote: »
    There's an ad for Renault on cbg.ie advertising a full service with a bluetooth phone kit for €179.00

I know yours is an Audi but the offer is all makes and models.

A lot of garages are advertising €99 services but just be careful, an oil and filter change is not a full service.

That ad was running in the bottom corner of this page about 10 mins ago.:)

The power of Google adsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Stekelly wrote: »
    That ad was running in the bottom cornr of this page abotu 10 mins ago.:)

The power of Google adsense.

Doh!

Wasted on me, I never spotted it!

Falloni wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a garage that does a good routine car service in Dublin? i have been calling around and it seems it cost anything from €200-€250 for a basic service- i thought that service costs had reduced since the downturn!

sounds about right for a full service
    if its a basic serive just oil and filter then its a rip off!

• Advertisement
Advertisement