Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does the FYP grading system work?

Options
  • 15-06-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

You're given two grades for your result like A1A2 but what does that mean? is one of those the suggested bracket from the second supervisor or how does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

You might get the same grade from both your supervisor and your second reader, and if so, for example your grades could read A1 A1, one grade for each semester of 4th year.

Or in the case you put forward where there are different grades such as A1 A2, then there has been a slight variance in what the two readers think the FYP grade is, and as such you are given these grades.

Afaik, the grades are from both readers of your FYP. If the grade difference is huge, then the result of the viva-voce is used to determine which grades should be given to an FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Got it, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Mossin Said:

You might get the same grade from both your supervisor and your second reader, and if so, for example your grades could read A1 A1, one grade for each semester of 4th year.

Or in the case you put forward where there are different grades such as A1 A2, then there has been a slight variance in what the two readers think the FYP grade is, and as such you are given these grades.

Afaik, the grades are from both readers of your FYP. If the grade difference is huge, then the result of the viva-voce is used to determine which grades should be given to an FYP.

No, that is incorrect, the grade you get in the first semester for your FYP is for your approach and methodology. The grade you get in semester two for your FYP, is for your overall content. Nine times out of ten the two results will be the same, and you don not get your semester one FYP result until the summer results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

No, that is incorrect, the grade you get in the first semester for your FYP is for your approach and methodology. The grade you get in semester two for your FYP, is for your overall content. Nine times out of ten the two results will be the same, and you don not get your semester one FYP result until the summer results.

I never said that you get the 1st semester result in semester 1. Considering I just received my own FYP results, I know this.
    I also must be the exception to the rule if 9/10 get the same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Mossin Said:

I never said that you get the 1st semester result in semester 1. Considering I just received my own FYP results, I know this.
    I also must be the exception to the rule if 9/10 get the same result.

I never said you said that, it was info for people in future, who might be enquiring about the FYP, and yes, you must be the exception

• Advertisement
Advertisement