Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite aftershave on a man? dont be shy now!

Options
  • 15-06-2009 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

so ladies what aftershave is the best, which one makes you go Mmmmmm...:D:D

ESPECIALLY IF ITS A RARE ONE THAT NOT MANY BLOKES USE :D:D:D

im updating my collection you see haha

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Brute...

Just kidding :D

Gio Armani, Armani Mania, Farenheit, D&G Light Blue, lots more but I'm too lazy to list them all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I don't know the names of aftershaves well enough to list them, but I do like a woodsy, classic scent, like Old Spice or Stetson (do they make aftershave?). A lot of girls disagree with me though! Once we were comparing aftershaves and every one I seemed to like, none of the other girls did.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

St John's Bay Rum from the West Indies. Comes in a cool wicker bottle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Issey Miyake is lovely.

However, I like it when boys smell of just soap. It's just so clean, fresh and unpretentious. Very attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Diamonds for Men is one of my favourites at the min, also adore Brut, Aramis and Diesel

• Advertisement

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    However, I like it when boys smell of just soap. It's just so clean, fresh and unpretentious. Very attractive.

Bang on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

There's a Paul Smith one that I like - it comes in a stripy bottle - it's lovely.

Alternatively, Calvin Klein Eternity for Men or Armani Black Code. PWoooaarrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

the smell of Farenheit makes me go weak at the knees ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

the smell of Farenheit makes me go weak at the knees ;)

+1

Everytime i smell it they have my complete undivided attention....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

lars3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

*makes mental note to buy Farenheit*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I hate wearing aftershave. but then, I do a bit of woodworking when I'm bored so I smell like sawdust and sweat alot, that is the smell of man.:D

But if I had to choose one, my favourite is a Jean Paul Gauttierre(sp?) one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Hugo Boss.......... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Salome wrote: »
    There's a Paul Smith one that I like - it comes in a stripy bottle - it's lovely.
    Hugo Boss.......... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

+1 for both!! nyom nyom nyom
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

fag

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

markopantelic lets extend that ban to a fortnight shall we?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I really like Abercrombie Fierce and Lynx Africa on a guy. Om nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LauraLoo

davidoff cool water... but my "partner":cool: doesnt like it...

he does like the new davidoff adventure and i really like that... its manly.

to be honest i just love the smell of man... not dirty sweaty or anything but normal manly musty smell...the smell of pheromones mixed with a hard days work

i know im manky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xxElmo88xx

I like any of the Lynx bodysprays... yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Lynx tends to remind me of the smell of the changing rooms after PE at school

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Yeah, wouldn't be the greatest fan of Lynx. My favourite aftershave on a guy is Boss by Hugo Boss; and also one that a very old flame of mine used to wear... I've never managed to find out what it was, but the very odd time I'd catch a sniff of it somewhere and it still leaves me weak at the knees!

Have to say I'm also a fan of that nice, clean, man smell - that mix of shower gel and shaving foam and washing powder and just man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I HATE lynx. I hate most fragrances that come in bottle/can actually. They all just smell...synthetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Smileyx

Jean Paul Gaultier- the Stripey bottle, Burberry Touch, Coolwaters (hate the perfume, love the aftershave) and Izzey Miyake
    Also like Ralph Lauren Polo Blue

Hmm, any of the above def fo it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

personally i hate strong perfumes/aftershaves so less is more....nothing worse than sharing a lift/meeting room with someone who has literally used a bottle of aftershave or lynx

"Nice aftershave...must you marinate in it?" :D:D

fresh from the shower is always a turn on

*and cue a nice little fantasy***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

ciagr297 wrote: »
    "Nice aftershave...must you marinate in it?" :D:D

fresh from the shower is always a turn on

*and cue a nice little fantasy***

Ha god this made me laugh. I agree tho, some guys wear way too much, makes me think if they're masking something else :eek:

Eternity for men does it for me yum!! Used to love when my bf would stay over, after he went home my sheets would still smell like him :o

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

Jood wrote: »
    Eternity for men does it for me yum!!

+1

and CKOne as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

LYNX is for teenagers IMO...

Jean Paul Gaultier is unbeatable...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Beth1978

The smell of a guy when he's just gotten out of the shower....just the smell of manly shower gel is enough for me.

Both of my brothers wear Fahrenheit....which is a lovely smell don't get me wrong....but whenever a cute guy passes by and he's wearing it....I think of my brothers. How sick is that!!? They've totally ruined it for me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Beth1978 wrote: »
    The smell of a guy when he's just gotten out of the shower....just the smell of manly shower gel is enough for me.

Both of my brothers wear Fahrenheit....which is a lovely smell don't get me wrong....but whenever a cute guy passes by and he's wearing it....I think of my brothers. How sick is that!!? They've totally ruined it for me:(

I feel your pain...my ex and my old secretary both (coincidence) wear "Madamoiselle" by Chanel which I have grown to like...so when my current squeeze wanted to buy it..I had to gently persuade her not to..:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Barracudaincork

You cant beat the 100% natural smell.............. especially after sex!

Advertisement