Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite aftershave on a man? dont be shy now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

The Paul Smith one is looooovely. I'd nearly wear it myself!

CKOne is a classic and I adore Eternity.

Diesel's aftershave is nice as well. Armani have a gorgeous aftershave as well, but I can't remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 The Lizard

def hugo boss!!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I wear givenchy very irresistible, its a nice smell not over powering just right... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

Allure Sport is loverly.... although I also love the smell of my boyfriend's hair, doesn't matter what shampoo he's used, it always smells the same and it always puts me in the mood for a snuggle :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Ralf Lauren Romance, Tommy Hilfiger and Burberry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Hugo boss for me..also shower fresh boys mmmm......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

i have worn jean paul gaultier for years, and only stopped wearing it this christmas just gone, when i was gifted with a bottle of calvin klein" "intense euphoria" ( the intense bit is important, cuz theres one thats just called 'euphoria')... anywhoo, i beseech any and all who read this to go out and buy a bottle for your other halves, it is THE best aftershave in the world imo!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Alroos

I think Burberry Brit is lovely and clean smelling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Allure and Paul Smith. Not on too strong either. I dread being in the same room as teenaged boys. I hate Lynx - it smells like canned sweat and they seem to think that more is MORE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Deepsense wrote: »
    I dread being in the same room as teenaged boys. I hate Lynx - it smells like canned sweat and they seem to think that more is MORE!

Same room? Same house is bad enough. I have two lets call them *young adults* and I choke just going downstairs in the morning. Your comment about canned sweat is dead on. Lynx= stink.
    Like pampers baby wipes - every time I smell one, I smell poo too :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

LauraLoo wrote: »

to be honest i just love the smell of man... not dirty sweaty or anything but normal manly musty smell...the smell of pheromones mixed with a hard days work
    Totally with you on that one..
    Deepsense wrote: »
    I hate Lynx - it smells like canned sweat and they seem to think that more is MORE!

Lynx actually gives me a headache and makes me feel sick - kind of like car travel sickness.

I like Jean Paul Gaultier.. I kinda like 'feminine' scents on a masculine guy, mixed with the aforementioned fresh sweat smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭shu

CK IN2U yum yum yum. So sexy. Definitely not lynx, too teenagerish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

I love Davidoff Cool Water!:p

Davidoff used to make a scent called Relax, smelled slightly of violets but very macho violets, I think it is discontinued.:mad:
    I love LOVE Vetiver by Guerlain. Manly.Oooohhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

i have to say I love Chanel Platinum Egoiste....yummy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I wore Jean Paul Gautier for years, still have some of the summer fragrance (white bottle).

Moved onto Armani Code for a while.

Now I'm mad for Paco Rabanne's 1 Million - didn't think I'd like it but its cool.

I'd love to get my hands on this though.. :D

sexpanthlg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Ultraviolet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

My faves on men are Chanel's Allure and most of the Calvin Klein's...

My absolute favourite smell on a man - is his own smell. A clean, musky manly smell is much, much sexier than any laboratory produced fragrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭geckotime

The majority of ladies posting seem to like flowery men's fragrances like Fahrenheit, Cool Water, CKOne etc isn't that a bit like a man liking Brut or Old Spice on a woman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 lil'bluestar

Armani have a gorgeous aftershave as well, but I can't remember the name.

It might be Aqua di Gio I can't get enough of that on my boy that, or Jean Paul Gautier it drives me crazy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My mate wears Paco Rabanne's 1 Million and it's such a gorgeous scent. He's probably sick of me smelling him by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Broad

Preferably none in truth! Clean man with no or fresh sweat on him is great. Other then that a really fresh citrussy smell like l'Occitaine's Verveine or some bitter orange/grapefruit thing is really nice. Man's natural musky thing usually comes through on its own, is better then the artificial version :)

geckotime wrote: »
    The majority of ladies posting seem to like flowery men's fragrances like Fahrenheit, Cool Water, CKOne etc isn't that a bit like a man liking Brut or Old Spice on a woman?

I wouldn't call Farenheit flowery at all -spicy. I don't know about the others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MissFitz

Farenheit as already mentioned, but it's definitely not flowery :eek:

I also love Aqua di Gio.

Actually, I must look through this thread for suggestions and get himself a new one (he'll pretty much wear any "grooming products" that I buy him :D)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,918 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

connundrum wrote: »
    I'd love to get my hands on this though.. :D

sexpanthlg.jpg
    Have you heard they say that 60% of the time, it works EVERYTIME! :p

I'd usually not be keen at all on Lynx products, but the OH recently bought that new one, Fever I think it's called, and it smells amazing!
    I like Obsession, Echo by Davidoff (or however that's spelled), and CK One, probably because that's the one he used to wear when we were teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Platinum Egoiste by Chanel.. Not a lot of men know this one it's an oldie but amazing! I used to work in a perfumery and had all the men converted!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

mine has to be boss by hugoboss or crave by calvin klien
    but would a woman say hi in a bar if she got a whif of ye???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Red Tempest

Plain lynx africa, mmm. The One by D&G. so goooooood.........

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

TBH Lynx "aftershave" is the sort of stuff you'd use to thin paint.

I'm a Bruet or paco rabanne man myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Broad wrote: »
    really fresh citrussy smell like l'Occitaine's Verveine
    L'Occitane Vetyver is what I'm wearing today but I vary it with Fahrenheit or Polo Classic.

Advertisement