Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confused over getting permit

• 15-06-2009 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Howye lads and lassies :), recently been browsing this forum as im soon to be getting my learners permit (and getting insured on a suzuki gz125)

My question is:
    If I have a permit to drive a car, do i still need to get an eyesight report for a bike permit? Ive read similar questions on boards, but they were regarding having a FULL B license

ALSO, do i lose my car permit when i get a bike permit? (only a side issue really, as im going to be selling the car soon enough-too expensive!)

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

davedrave wrote: »
    Howye lads and lassies :), recently been browsing this forum as im soon to be getting my learners permit (and getting insured on a suzuki gz125)

My question is:
    If I have a permit to drive a car, do i still need to get an eyesight report for a bike permit? Ive read similar questions on boards, but they were regarding having a FULL B license

ALSO, do i lose my car permit when i get a bike permit? (only a side issue really, as im going to be selling the car soon enough-too expensive!)

Don't think you need an eyesight report, I didn't when I got my bike licence last week although its been less than a less since I got my full car licence so maybe that played a role.

No, you'll still have a car and a bike permit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

My question is:

No, your original B permit had the eye test, you are not required to do another.

Yes and no. They will ask for it there at the office and take it away. You will receive your permit back shortly with both car and bike on it. If it was to expire soon you will still receive it back with the expiry date the same.

On top of that, when you get either your full bike or car license in order to keep the original permit you need to fill out a renewal form with the full license application in order to get back you permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭davedrave

wow thanks to kamikaze and cuddlesworth for the swift reply :)

thats great so just my passport photos to get now :) anyone wanna buy a suzuki swift for €500? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

wow thanks to kamikaze and cuddlesworth for the swift reply :)

thats great so just my passport photos to get now :) anyone wanna buy a suzuki swift for €500? :D

How much is your insurance on the Swift?

If it is cheap, you might think of holding on to it :D.

Let us knoe when you are sorted.

1200 third party vs 400 for the bike.
    the car costed me a fortune and i got hardly any use out of it
    will do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Ah, sure - give up the Swift then. Not worth throwing money away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Get the bike man and stop saying permit :P:P:P its a provisional haha

really i thought it was referred to as a permit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

really i thought it was referred to as a permit?

He was either being sarcastic or he's stupid. I would go with the first.

At least he didn't sign off his post with 'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

He was either being sarcastic or he's stupid. I would go with the first.

At least he didn't sign off his post with 'cptr

ye was being sarcastic:D:D it is called a learners permit

• Advertisement

Just stumbled upon this thread and forgot i even wrote it :D

Been riding a '98 Suzuki Marauder since august now, and loving it, a **** bikes definately more fun than a **** car, pity ive so much to do on it, tires, forks,carb,lights :(

Advertisement