Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDIP

• 15-06-2009 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Can someone please explain to me the process of applying for your HDIP?

I will be going into a postgraduate in History and am considering applying...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭beya2009

Hi thesecretforme,

Im presuming its hdip for post primary? I presume your startin your postgrad in history this sept for the year? Well you have to apply for hdips in December however there can be a late fee charged if you apply early january.

What unis are you thinking of doing it in? my advice to you would be to apply to trinity college and maybe through pac as that will make you apply to 4 unis for it (maynooth, galway, dcu and cork uni). Applying to trinity is like €60 and applying through pac is like €80 which is real value as your effectively applying for 4 unis where as with trinity its just the one and its very very difficuult to get and if your accpeted..passing the interview is another thing.

Hope that helped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭thesecretforme

I want to do it in UCC.

Maybe I a bit dumb, but I didn't know about the interviews.
    Are they difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭beya2009

Hi thesecretforme,

Well if you want to do it in ucc then you dont get interviewed:) applications through pac means your accepted with no interview process based on your primary degree attainment and relevant teaching practice if you have any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 emertheleemer

Hey thesecretforme

Look up www.pac.ie h dip in ed. section and download the handbook. Gives you all the info you need for NUI colleges. New handbook for applications is put up in Sept. :) good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 martinaclaire

If i have my level 8 degree in graphic design, can i apply for a hdip to teach primary school art? (do i need irish?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

If i have my level 8 degree in graphic design, can i apply for a hdip to teach primary school art? (do i need irish?)

Primary schools do not have specific teachers for art. You are either a primary teacher that teaches all subjects or you are a secondary school art teacher. Yes you need Irish as far as I know for primary

Advertisement