Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who's going to the fringe festival?

Options
  • 15-06-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

so, anyone going to the fringe festival in edinburgh this august?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

I hope there isnt another ricky Gervais episode this year. When huge acts like that come and sell out the castle for a few nights running it only gives other huge acts the idea of showing up. I hope it stays as a platform for new and growing performers and doesnt become just a series of a few gigs by huge artists. Although his visit caused a rucus so id say it wont happen again.

The Gilded ballon has been renovated so looking forward to seeing whats on there. Although i miss the old kip.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭bacon?

first i've heard of it... but agree, would much rather see more underground shows...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Ah frick, hes coming again but hes only playng the playhouse.

I was living in edinburgh the last time he came, a lot of the performers were complaining big commercial shows would ruin the atmosphere of the festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Not really a travel topic. Moving to arts.

Advertisement