Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DPM 2007 Experience?

• 15-06-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

Any one with any experience with DPM 2007 here? I'm having some trouble regarding Disk to Tape backups.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

I'm hoping to implement this in the next few weeks. Initially I won't be using tape, just disk to disk on another remote DPM server.

How have your experiences been with DPM (aside form the tape issue)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Indifferent....... if you are all microsoft shop i'd recommend it, Were currently using it to backup file servers, MS SQL, Exchange, and sharepoint... So all are backups are consolidated and can be easily managed... if management are fussy on reports and that, theres great OTB reporting... all the flashing pie/bar charts etc.

Getting it set up initially is a bit of a pain, each server your protecting needs its own software agent, which requires you to reboot the machine (twice sometimes)..... then you discover the agent is not being picked up by DPM... reinstall-more reboots.. not good for LOB and production servers.

Once its in place its fairly reliable, the catalog error's I was receiving dont seem to be that common (from trawling the net looking for answers)

I resolved it by erasing the last tape set and using them for the next backup.

Hope this helps

Advertisement