Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hemp animal bedding - large bales (for hens/ducks)

• 15-06-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get hemp animal bedding? Preferably in large bales (not the small pet types). It's for hens and ducks, the kind sold for horses would be fine. I'm in the Clare/Limerick area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

The only stockist for HEMCORE is Air Products, Port Laois. Hemp bedding has the dust extracted from it. Think it comes in 20 or 25 kg bales. Imported from England. Google the name and it will come up. Give them a ring. Onl open weekdays, closed the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

Just called the Air Products crowd and they sound like good value. Nice customer service too. =)

Also I've found Biobase horse bedding which is from The Hemp Company.
    http://www.hempcompany.ie/node/221

Does anyone know what this is like? There doesn't seem to be much choice in Ireland for hemp products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

Pye wrote: »
    Just called the Air Products crowd and they sound like good value. Nice customer service too. =)

Also I've found Biobase horse bedding which is from The Hemp Company.
    http://www.hempcompany.ie/node/221

Does anyone know what this is like? There doesn't seem to be much choice in Ireland for hemp products.

I use hemcore for our 50 + rats and mice. Very good quality and none of our rats sneeze or wheeze compared to shredded paper bedding etc.
    Will be contacting Air Products again as they didnt get back to me when their delivery was coming in at the beginning of June but i have enough to bide me over for the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

They were really helpful when I phoned. I spoke to a woman called Síle and I'm pretty sure she said they had just got some in. Now I just need to find out if I can collect it as I'm about 60 miles away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 strawguy

Hemp is not grown in Ireland, hence its high cost. Something like Straw Chip might be worth a try as an alternative. It is dust extracted and treated for bacteria. It is quite widely available in farm shops. Look it up on the net.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 nautical star

There is a online irish company
    www.ecopet.ie that sell hemp bedding, cheap delivery too.
    very restricted over here in whats available,

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lux-et-veritas

hello all, i know this is a bit of a necro thread but does anyone have any updated info on there to get hemp bedding, most of the links already here dont work. if anyone has any new leads or links it would be really helpfull

Advertisement