Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearse College Creche

Options
  • 15-06-2009 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Anyone any experience of this creche?

Tks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yes i do,what do you need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

Cool, I got accepted on a VTOS course and am waiting to find out if my baby has a place in Pearse College. Is it hard to get a place, is it good?

well i worked there and its not bad,very basic but the kids love it,how old is the baby?the baby room takes in 3 and its spotless,its harder to get babies in because of the ammount they can take,there is only one baby room!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

Thanks a mill for the reply. My little one is 2 so more a toddler. I really really hope I get her a place. Would be so easy when I go back to college.

Thanks again.

I have my child in This creche. It is quite good. They don't seem to do much with the children and some staff are lacking in social skills, i.e the ability to say good morning or communicate what has happened throughout the day. This also applies when creche is closed etc, very last minute and I have been caught out a few times. I would say that communication/social skills and absence of any curriculum are the main sore points for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 barbiewalker1

Hi Mum, I'm thinking of starting my 18 month old in the creche. He is in another creche at the moment but i'm not too happy with it. Can you let me know what kind of activities the carers do with the children. Do you think it is a good creche? Would you recommend it? Thanks

I have my child in This creche. It is quite good. They don't seem to do much with the children and some staff are lacking in social skills, i.e the ability to say good morning or communicate what has happened throughout the day. This also applies when creche is closed etc, very last minute and I have been caught out a few times. I would say that communication/social skills and absence of any curriculum are the main sore points for me.

I have to disagree with this womans views of this creche, I find the staff very helpfull, polite and cheerful, My son fills me in everyday on what activities he has done each day, he really loves the creche, he tells me what the curriculum is everyday. The staff are always ready to help with any concerns I have and they always inform me at the end of the day of anything I need to know. I would highly recommend this creche to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zoleka

Hi everyone do i have to wait for an acceptance letter to book a space for my toddler for this coming september, also is there any one who will be doing the university access course thankx in advance

I have to agree with the Mum who said that the staff are lacking SOCIAL SKILLS - like basic ones that you would have learned in SCHOOL! I mind the managers the worse. The ladies who look after my daughter are lovely & very friendly but I ALWAYS have to ask what she had to eat, what she did etc! They actually havnt a clue how to communicate affectively with the parents... Lacking a good manager in my opinion. In saying all that my child does like it there and seems happy.

Advertisement