Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do all day?

• 15-06-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

I'm basically robbing this from the Leaving cert forum

But,What do ye do with yourself all day?I.E saturdays,now after the exams are over etc.

I live in a fairly big farm out here in the WESHHT so I honestly have never had nothing to do,[so far]Today after finishing my leaving,I had to clean the gutters.

So,for all ye city folk,what do you do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Depends on the day but its usually gonna involve a combination of a few of the following: Work, gym, training, boards, ps3, general nerd stuff, eat, sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Sleep.
    Get up.
    Eat.
    Internet.
    Eat.
    TV.
    Internet.
    Sleep.

Repeat ad infinitum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Nothing, it's really, really boring when you're finished college and have no job.

Internet, videogames and drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sleep.
    Get up.
    Eat.
    Internet.
    Eat.
    TV.
    Internet.
    Sleep.

Repeat ad infinitum
    And thats why youre the mod :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Sleep.
    Get up.
    Eat.
    Internet.
    Eat.
    TV.
    Internet.
    Sleep.

Repeat ad infinitum
    This, but with terrible reception, so minus the TV (watch TV shows on internet if necessary)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

em saturdays i go horseriding,then used to study and stuff but probably chill with my mates now and im usually out saturday evenings pictures,friends house,boyfriends house etc.

im finding it hard to remember what i did pre l.c tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

This summer will be all about:

Reading (Lots)
    Films (Lots of them! I have a stock pile ready)
    Anime (Not a big anime fan, but I have 20 odd episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion downloaded since easter, just ready to be watched)
    Learning - Maths (HL stuff), HTML/CSS, Python, Irish.
    Cycling
    Maybe swimming
    Drinking (Heavily)
    Oxegen
    Getting some websites up and running (Top sekkrit......)

Cant wait! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

wow,so you DO actually have nothing to do all day

Don't take this the wrong way,but I couldn't really see what I'd do if I had nothing to do* all day,everyday.

*I don't mean this in an arrogant way,but I have basically a full time job all the time

wow,so you DO actually have nothing to do all day

Don't take this the wrong way,but I couldn't really see what I'd do if I had nothing to do* all day,everyday.

*I don't mean this in an arrogant way,but I have basically a full time job all the time

I live in the suburbs, no real work for me to do around the house, so I have chosen what I'll pass the time with.

I couldnt get a job if I wanted one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Fad wrote: »
    I live in the suburbs, no real work for me to do around the house, so I have chosen what I'll pass the time with.

I couldnt get a job if I wanted one!
    I'm not trying to pick on ye,I honestly couldn't imagine what I'd do with myself all day other than conditioning and wanedering the intyweb

• Advertisement

I'm not trying to pick on ye,I honestly couldn't imagine what I'd do with myself all day other than conditioning and wanedering the intyweb

Nah, I didnt take it like that, I was just responding/explaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

eat, internet, ps3(but now its broken so theres a lot of free time there), eat,sports,
    I have applied for a job in a local restaraunt so hopefully i will get that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

I live in the countryside so mines fairly uneventful

Monday: up early for work, then home and internet till I'm tired

Tuesday: internet, then Gym as soon as I can get a lift, then home for more internet

Wednesday: Refer to monday

Thursday: Refer to tuesday

Friday: Up extra early for work home late, then out to get drunk

Saturday: Arrive home at five in the morning (See friday "get drunk" reference) Sleep, hangover and incapacitated for the day, sleep

Sunday: Differs between airsofting and fixing Airsoft device

*Important note: I took a year out between college and secondary school so this has been the routine for the past year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

even though i'm still not finished the leaving, since thursday my routine has been pretty much, get up about 12, internet, shower, study for a bit, either go out with my camera or meet up with the boyfriend, then in the evenings, pub/cinema/driving around/boyfriends house/walks on the beach

I'd say it'll be pretty much the same for summer minus the studying and work a couple of days a week too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Yeah, I haven't had free time (as in time in which I don't have to feel guilty for not studying) for so long that I don't know what I'm going to do with myself next week!

NOT complaining though...I'm definitely due a sleep in...or two...or um everyday...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Look for a wedding to gatecrash, maybe organize a protest, start up a cult or drugs run. Just some good, clean fun to fill up those long summer days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sit around, surf the internet, learn to drive, drive places, go to the cinema, moar internet, junk food, watch some of my DVD box sets, bed.

repeat for 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Friday seems like so long ago already.
    I didnt go job hunting yet{I'll leave it till next week}.
    So far I have amused myself with cutting the hedges at home and regaining the god-like fitness I had attained before the l.c{crossfit google it!}
    The days so far have been broken up as follows:
    20 mile cycle in the morning,
    lunch,
    internet,
    cut hedges{hedgetrimmer},
    crossfit,
    dinner,
    internet,
    dvd,
    sleep.

rinse and repeat.I'ts getting fairly repetitve already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ItsYourTime

The bordem gets almost soul destroying after a few weeks! Feeling at a loose end is a horrible feeling. That void where you finish college for good, are waiting for your results and have to find is job a weird, almost limbo feeling.

I finished college the 28th of May and spent the first few days relaxing in the sun but for the last 2 weeks the sense of idle-ness(if that's a word) is wrecking my head. There's this thing I heard Tony' soprano's psychiatrist say that's very true: Some people have a kind of Shark-Syndrome. Sharks and Salmon swim constantly from when they are born and don't stop until they become old and die. If they stop swimming they get a heart attack and die! Same thing applies to some people, it really irratates themm to be idle!

Anyway my routine is, get up(late), eat, watch Sky Sports News, Internet, look for a job, Gym, TV, ring my girlfriend, a little more TV, bed. To broke to drink or go away for a while, only been on one session since college ended. I should have huge motivation to write up cover letters and bang them off to potential employers but reeling off the same ****e to them over and over is annoying. I feel really sorry now for people who have lost their jobs and don't look like getting one untiul the recession eases off. Idleness is a horrible feeling, obviously if I had a family and morgage having no job would be way worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

This summer will be all about:

Reading (Lots)
    Films (Lots of them! I have a stock pile ready)
    Anime (Not a big anime fan, but I have 20 odd episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion downloaded since easter, just ready to be watched)
    Learning - Maths (HL stuff), HTML/CSS, Python, Irish.
    Cycling
    Maybe swimming
    Drinking (Heavily)
    Oxegen
    Getting some websites up and running (Top sekkrit......)

Cant wait! :D

Mine is fairly similar actually!

Films.
    Learning - Improve PHP/MySQL skills.
    Cycling.
    Maybe swimming.
    Getting websites up and running! [Then sell them for millions and not have to go back to school in September... :cool:]

But what's "sekkrit"?

Do you mean "secret"? :confused:

• Advertisement

SirDarren wrote: »

But what's "sekkrit"?

Do you mean "secret"? :confused:

No I meant sekkrit, it just happens to "Mean" the same thing.

But I'll let you in on it!

One will just be a personal blog site, the other?

A nice little domain name that hasnt been purchased yet and will soon be acquired by myself.

No I meant sekkrit, it just happens to "Mean" the same thing.

But I'll let you in on it!

One will just be a personal blog site, the other?

A nice little domain name that hasnt been purchased yet and will soon be acquired by myself.

But to what kind of site will the domain be pointing?

But to what kind of site will the domain be pointing?
    It's a sekkrit.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    It's a sekkrit.

... Do you mean 'secret'?

... Do you mean 'secret'?
    No I meant sekkrit, it just happens to "Mean" the same thing. :P

Pygmalion wrote: »
    No I meant sekkrit, it just happens to "Mean" the same thing. :P

By any chance will one be just be a personal blog site, and the other a nice little domain name that hasnt been purchased yet and will soon be acquired by yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Wow, it's like a dog chasing its own tail :p

I'm going to somehow get the Sims 3 and that's what I'll do all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

In the words of Francis from Malcolm in the Middle, I'll be working like a dog all day, drinking, then working like a hungover dog the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I wake up and time between 10 - 12. Watch TV while simultaneously on the internet (the joys of a laptop and wireless internet), then I'll go call to my friend's house or go into town to meet a bunch of my friends, then some sort of variable to keep me sane, come home, more internet + TV combo, sleep.

It's gonna be a goooood summer. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Sweet f*ck all. I plan to:
    • Learn the guitar and/or piano
    • Read a lot of books.
    • Learn to cook
    • Play Videogames
    • Browse the internet aimlessly
    • Search for a job pointlessly
    • Oxegen
    • Spain with mates