Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do all day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

That reminds me,Lads[or lassies] are ye spending ass-loads of time in the gym/training?
    I know myself I've gotten a little jiggly round the waist,but I'm too damn busy to burn it off.
    That and one of my mates[who's one of ye lucky one's]is HUGE as he said himself "Sure,I've nothing else to do"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Days consist of:

Sleep
    Up
    Eat
    Read the paper
    Do a few jobs for money
    Internet
    Learn to drive
    maybe meet friends..depending on having a spin
    internet
    Bigbrother
    DVD
    Sleep

Summer Plans include:
    Slane this weekend
    Shopping in Dublin
    My 18th
    Disneyland
    Galway
    U2
    Michael Jackson
    Day trips
    etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

That reminds me,Lads[or lassies] are ye spending ass-loads of time in the gym/training?
    I know myself I've gotten a little jiggly round the waist,but I'm too damn busy to burn it off.
    That and one of my mates[who's one of ye lucky one's]is HUGE as he said himself "Sure,I've nothing else to do"

Not for me. The swim season is finishing soon so I won't be training. Not that I've been training much all year anyway:pac:. No point getting a gym membership either as it only finishes for a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Things I do most days:

Play xbox or use the internet.
    Lift weights (4 days a week).
    Cycle for about an hour/run for an hour.
    Read. I've deprived myself of reading for enjoyment this year so I'm going to make up for it now.
    Go out with friends/girlfriend or both.

Things I plan on doing:
    A 'sekkrit' project that needs working on. Could cost a lot of money. So I'll need to get money for it.
    I want to get much better at music production and image editing.
    I've gained a lot of muscle, so now it's time to concentrate on losing the extra fat.

If I had the money I would probably take up kickboxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh I'll probably start using my treadmill properly... I can do it while the Fresh Prince is on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Music.Generaly listen to up to 5 hours a day thereof.
    Bass,half an hour a day everyday thereof
    Internet-too much thereof
    A book a week
    Loads of other inanities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

This is my first day I have no exams to study for! It's a weird feeling, I was watching Dr. Phil earlier and feeling no guilt whatsoever, then played some Wii. I'll be happy to have a summer like that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I've....got nothing to do....anymore....

panic.gif

-_-"

Oh God... So bored...

I also just found out that my friend has become one of those people that sell scratch cards on the street. That at least made me laugh. then back to boredom.

I'm officially getting my Oxegen tickets tomorrow though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Just finished the Leaving so I'll be doing alot of sleeping. I had the worst dream the other night. I dreamt that I wasn't finished the Leaving Cert and I still had one exam left, and I had done no study for it cos I was sleeping and relaxing for the last couple of days. It really freaked me out. It's still gonna take a couple more days to get the LC out of my system.

I really want to catch up on some movies I've missed out on during the year like Gran Torino, Taken and Benjamin Button. There is also alot of classic movies that I haven't seen like The Shawshank Redemption and The Shining that I really must get around to seeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'll be stranded in my house, in the countryside, every day from tomorrow (parents will be taking both cars for work so I'll be carless). I'm already sick of internet and I hate daytime television. I have no books that I haven't already read, I don't want to get sucked into brain-deadening gaming. My guitar needs a nice new set of strings - they're rusted through so that playing is actually pretty painful, and probably dangerous. I'll be at home alone.

I will shortly be going insane. Watch this space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Nothing. Internetting all day. Feeling like crap. Weeping inwardly. Complaining. Worrying about results. I have no books to read,I wanted to write stories or whatever but I've got a bad case of block,and so I have done nada in a long time. :rolleyes:

I am now addicted to what not to wear US. Shoot me.

Damn summer. shouldn't I be out partying and stuff like those guys from Skins? (Series 1/2, third series was awful)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

So bored already. So so bored.

I sent around so many emails and popped my CVs all over the place, can't find a job anywhere! Gah! OK like, I didn't try.. that hard? But I made some effort.

To prevent myself going absolutely crazy or just living off the internet, I've become a clean-a-holic. For example, my wardrobe is like, immaculate. Everything's folded and arranged in categories, and colour-organised within each category.
    Seriously.

Also, I'm making myself do at least 1 hour of some sort of exercise a day. Not going too perfect, but, yeah... went for a 2 hour walk today? So that counts.
    The huge icecreams my friend and I ate afterwards may, eh, void the walk, but whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Get Up at 12.
    Eat.
    Internet.
    Go Out.
    Come back/internet.
    Eat.
    Go back out.
    Come back/internet
    Eat.
    Sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

I can't believe it's only 5 days since the LC ended...
    For months I was dying for this freedom, really I was. I was amazing at doing nothing. Watching box sets for 8 hours straight used to bring me endless pleasure.
    But now... I'm a little depressed already, to be honest.
    6th year changed me. I think I need to have some overall goal or something. Right now just feels like such a waste of life. Jobs are out of the question, but I thought I might be able to find some volunteer work. I got rejected from charity shops. Bad times.
    Roll on college.

TV3 have started showing reruns of Ellen now. The dancing really isn't as good the second time. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

For months I was dying for this freedom, really I was. I was amazing at doing nothing. Watching box sets for 8 hours straight used to bring me endless pleasure.
    6th year changed me. I think I need to have some overall goal or something. Right now just feels like such a waste of life. Jobs are out of the question, but I thought I might be able to find some volunteer work. I got rejected from charity shops. Bad times.
    Roll on college.

TV3 have started showing reruns of Ellen now. The dancing really isn't as good the second time. :(

This post resonates in my soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Loopoo

Smoke weed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Loopoo wrote: »
    Smoke weed ;)

Pikey weed. Top notch.

I feel the same RandomUserName! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

cork*girl wrote: »
    Days consist of:

Sleep
    Up
    Eat
    Read the paper
    Do a few jobs for money
    Internet
    Learn to drive
    maybe meet friends..depending on having a spin
    internet
    Bigbrother
    DVD
    Sleep

Summer Plans include:
    Slane this weekend
    Shopping in Dublin
    My 18th
    Disneyland
    Galway
    U2
    Michael Jackson
    Day trips
    etc. etc.

michael jackson wont be happening now.. not sure will we still go to London seeming the flights are booked. Gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Get up.
    Eat.
    Work/Internet.
    Eat.
    Work/Internet.
    Eat.
    Internet/Gaming/****.
    Sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Smoke weed ;)

Legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Roll on college.
    I know how you feel tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

the_syco wrote: »
    Get up.
    Eat.
    Work/Internet.
    Eat.
    Work/Internet.
    Eat.
    Internet/Gaming/****.
    Sleep.

Weekends:
    Eat.
    Internet.
    Eat.
    Internet.
    Eat.
    Internet
    Movie/A couple of episodes of whatever show I'm currently watching
    Sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I do love having a job.

And no, it's not one my daddy got for me. Hah! (mammy got it for me. No I joke I found it meself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Smoke weed ;)

Amen to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Well if theres nothing planned for a day I spend it on the laptop. Usually play poker online, write scripts for the spoof trailers I'm going to make and surf.

In general theres been around two parties a week at least so there been a lot of drinking and dancing. And nearly all my friends have turned 18 so we will most likely be going out a lot.

I'm also learning to drive and actually have 41 goals to work on :L (www.43things.com)

In general, I'm recovering from the bull**** of the leaving.

Just starting worked out to tone my abs. Really want abs to drool over.

Normal day?

Sleep
    Up usually around 10
    Internet for a while until I feel I've awoken enough to greet the world
    Downstairs to see if my housemate(s) is(are) awake and chat
    Work (usually 9-12 hour shifts)
    Home
    Internet until I feel tired
    Sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Roll on college.

Ha ye I am the same I was dyin for ages to jus be able to do nothing and now that I can I'm bored as **** when I'm "relaxing".

PS: The Ellen DeGeneres show is **** and the dancing is ridicuously cringeworhy... HATE that show and woman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Ha ye I am the same I was dyin for ages to jus be able to do nothing and now that I can I'm bored as **** when I'm "relaxing".

PS: The Ellen DeGeneres show is **** and the dancing is ridicuously cringeworhy... HATE that show and woman

Fireball, anyone?
    It worked for Joey and Chandler :D

Advertisement