Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KKK New Ross

Options
  • 15-06-2009 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Driving over the bridge in New Ross yesterday around 2pm and saw some idiot walking across it with a white sheet around him with a hood on top with KKK written on the back of it. Anybody manage to swerve there car fast enough to knock the fool into the river..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Shouldve given the guards a jingle?! Although strange enough for them to be walking around like that me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

must have been fancy dress or something, bad taste and all but i find it hard to believe there are genuine KKK round here:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Don't forget, there are 2 genuine parishes near New Ross called Bastardstown and Cousinstown, it might explain a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

lol that was me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ass wrote: »
    lol that was me
    Ha ha. Sure why not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

i was on my way to a meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

is bastardstown not just a beach???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Maybe he was just a lost Kilkenny Kounty Kouncil worker?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

oldyouth wrote: »
    Don't forget, there are 2 genuine parishes near New Ross called Bastardstown and Cousinstown, it might explain a lot

That's Kilmore and Bridgetown. And they are not near New Ross to be fair.

Didn't the KKK win a seat on the Town Council?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

oldyouth wrote: »

Bastardstown is in Kilmore ( no where near New Ross ) and it's Cushenstown, New Ross not Cousinstown. BTW are you from Nobber ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Squiggle wrote: »
    Bastardstown is in Kilmore ( no where near New Ross ) and it's Cushenstown, New Ross not Cousinstown. BTW are you from Nobber ?

He probably meant Cousinstown in Bridgetown to be fair, south Wexford has the weirdest and best place names.

They did rename Bastardstown as 'Seaview' though, or tried to anyway.

And it's 'Cushinstown' not 'Cushenstown', unless you're using very old OS maps as your guide?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats wrong with Bastardstown? I have the 1963 OS map for South Wexford and there it is in all its glory :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

they only renamed it when the nuns got a summer house down there......but still everyone calls it bastardstown

Advertisement