Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Chocolate %

Options
  • 15-06-2009 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

I'm slowly beginning to take a shine to dark chocolate now that I am approaching the end of my summer years. Milk chocolate is a bit sugary and sweet for me now.
    60% is ideal for me at the moment. I am guessing the older and embittered I get, the bitterer my pallet craves. I expect that percentage to raise with my age :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

I've settled on 70% after going all the way up to
    99_1-136x300.jpg
    Words fail me when it comes to describing what 99% cocao chocolate is like besides it being the weirdest thing I've ever tasted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I got into dark chocolate on Friday! :pac: I found some 90% chocolate at home on Saturday, and being a veteran of one day of 53% chocolate, I took the leap..... :eek: First tasteless, then EWWWWWWWW! :o I'll wait a few million years I think....

MoominPapa wrote: »
    Words fail me when it comes to describing what 99% cocao chocolate is like besides it being the weirdest thing I've ever tasted

Coal?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

85%- yum. Can't do the 99% at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Am I right that after a certain percentage its considered actually good for you?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You can also only eat tiny bits of the high percentage stuff, so it's probably effectively a diet food.
    Hurrah all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

MoominPapa wrote: »
    I've settled on 70% after going all the way up to
    99_1-136x300.jpg

I developed a taste for dark choc when abroad last year. 1st was 60%, then 70%. Now im at the stage where i find 70% sweet. ideally 80% up for me. Aldi do 81% 125gm bars and lindt and green and blacks do 85%.

But with the 99% lindt - *shudder*. went into a lindt store and picks it up cos i never saw it before - i proceed to check out counter.
    me: this please
    checkout girl: are you sure
    me: yes, i looove dark choc, i eat 80% all the time
    CG: well ... this is different ... like another level

Me and my friends proceed to split the bar evenly. at 1st we are all standing there chewing away as you do. we all agree that it tastes of nothing at 1st ... but .... seconds later we are in a queue to spit that **** out in the bin. Tastes like tar. not kidding. horrid stuff but i might make my way up there again someday if i manage to let my balls drop back down after the last experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

I love 85%. I buy it in Aldi. The 70% dark chocolate (Fairglobe) in Lidl is gorgeous too. They're sooo much nicer than milk chocolate. I have it with me porridge in the morning. :D I didn't know there was higher than 85% but think I'll give the 99% a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

99% lindt is one of my faves, would have nothing else only it's expensive. 85% is the lowest I'll go though. What is this talk of coal??!! :eek::eek: Heathens.

Le Pralus 100% is lovely, as is Noir Infini 99%.

There is an 88% Dolfin you can get which is deceptively sweet, almost tastes like a 70% imo.

Does anyone know where you can get nice 85% or higher round Dublin?? (aside from Lindt!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

99% lindt is one of my faves, would have nothing else only it's expensive. 85% is the lowest I'll go though. What is this talk of coal??!! :eek::eek: Heathens.

You have more balls than i do :pac:. Im happy with 85%, find 70% sweet but can't toach 99%. maybe 90% but i cant seem to find it. Anyone know if lidl/aldi have a 90% cacao chocolate bar?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

ULstudent wrote: »

You have more balls than i do :pac:. Im happy with 85%, find 70% sweet but can't toach 99%. maybe 90% but i cant seem to find it. Anyone know if lidl/aldi have a 90% cacao chocolate bar?

Pretty sure they only do 85% :( Like I say, Fallon and Byrne have an 88% Dolfin which tastes close to a 70% in my opinion, so you'd probably love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I had some lovely Irish made chocolate from Skellig. And 70% Dark chocolate with Lime Zest & Black Pepper. I bought some more from Fallon & Byrnes. It was delish.

Found Link: http://www.skelligschocolate.com/acatalog/copy_of_Cocoa_Bean_Flavoured_Bars.html

Advertisement