Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salamandered

Options
  • 15-06-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone advise what 'Salamandered' means?

I heard it used on the radio last week in relation to the results of the election for the green party. It presumably isn't anything positive but can someone advise its specific meaning.

I have tried searching the web but cannot find a definition for it, only for Salamander which I imagine it is related to.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I would suggest it has no meaning.

I would opine that the person using the term just made it up, as it fairly accurately described the what happened to the Greens.

Sounds about right:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I venture it has something to do with the belief that salamanders can endure and survive fire.For example,if a group was said to be salmandered,it would be that they had survived an ordeal of some kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dublintuition

I agree with the above post. It would be quite a colloquial word and would not be in the dictionary yet anyway.

Advertisement