Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!! Wireless Card

Options
  • 15-06-2009 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

i have a belkin wireless card and have it about a year and its been working fine but yesterday all of a sudden it woldnt connnect for some strange and have no idea wat to do belkin didnt either.

any1 got any idea

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Probably best to post on the wireless forum or network and comms forum or even the windows forum (assuming you're using windows).

Can you be a bit more descriptive, what's it not connecting to, what's the model number, what operating system are you running. Are you running a firewall etc... need more info. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter
    ^^^^^^

thats what its caled and i hook it up its jst not reconzing it like i tried it in
    3 ports and a laptop dowwn stairs and nothnin

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Could you please desist from the textese? It is courtesy to those people that you want to help you to post in plain English.

Try uninstalling the card completely and then reinstalling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

I'm going to get shot down here by loyal users of Belkin gear but I have had more problems with their stuff than any other manufacturer, I'm not saying its rubish or anything just that I've had 2 USB Wireless adaptors die on me and seen a couple of flaky Belkin routers. So I wouldn't be supprised if the item was faulty. So if it still doesn't work in a second machine you have your own evidence of a problem and don't do what I normally do and waste an inordinate amount of time trying to make something you know is faulty work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I didn't think there were any Belkin fans on boards!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

dub45 wrote: »
    I didn't think there were any Belkin fans on boards!:D

Yeh but you know what its like here if you think you are on safe ground with a comment someone comes along and argues the exact opposite :eek:

I do have some excellent Belkin gear only most of it consists of lenghts of wire with connectors at the end ;)

Advertisement