Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you need a Visa for Thailand?

• 15-06-2009 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am just wondering how long are you allowed to stay in Thailand for at one time for tourism? I read that you can only stay for 30days max? Is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

yes 30 days. if you need a visa longer than that then you can either a visa in the thai embassy here in dublin or just do a border run while in thailand! literally just leave and come back in and there'l be no problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Last I heard was it's 30 days if you arrive by air, 15 if you arrive by land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Last I heard was it's 30 days if you arrive by air, 15 if you arrive by land.

This is correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Can you still do visa runs in and out of neighbouring countries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Can you still do visa runs in and out of neighbouring countries?

Yup, you only get a 15 day visa when you return though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yup, you only get a 15 day visa when you return though...

So in other words you can leave and come back, but only for 15 days, is this correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Yes thats true but be careful with your dates. Its a new visa not an extension... so if your visa is due to expire on the 20th and you border run on the 15th you will loose the last 5 days, get me?
    Also, you can only get 2 visas before you have to leave the country for 90 days. I got a visa for 15days overland from Malaysia, went to Burma for another 15days, got a 7 day extension in Samui and HAD to leave or face proscecution.
    Have you left Ireland yet? If not contact the embassy and get a tourist visa before you leave - so much easier. If your in Malaysia you can get a 60day tourist visa for free from the Thai embassy too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

supermouse wrote: »
    Yes thats true but be careful with your dates. Its a new visa not an extension... so if your visa is due to expire on the 20th and you border run on the 15th you will loose the last 5 days, get me?
    Also, you can only get 2 visas before you have to leave the country for 90 days. I got a visa for 15days overland from Malaysia, went to Burma for another 15days, got a 7 day extension in Samui and HAD to leave or face proscecution.
    Have you left Ireland yet? If not contact the embassy and get a tourist visa before you leave - so much easier. If your in Malaysia you can get a 60day tourist visa for free from the Thai embassy too!

Does it cost anything to get a tourist visa from the embassy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Donno being honest, im sure if you google it the Thai embassy website will have all the info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Does it cost anything to get a tourist visa from the embassy?

yeah €30 for 2 months i think

• Advertisement
Advertisement