Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AA membership

• 15-06-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Is it any good? My brother was planning on getting 'roadside rescue' and he asked me if I wanted to be added on, makes it cheaper. But is it worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Invaluable if you've got an older car; but check that your insurance doesn't already provide some level of cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

depends on what you're driving, how much you drive, and how many people you know that could help you out in the event of a breakdown.

it may be included with your insurance policy or cars manufacturers warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Most insurance companies do it as a free add on so it's probably cheaper to look at that option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I had it and I've been planning on getting it again but just haven't gotten round to it yet, I was invaluable to me because I had an accident on xmas day a few years ago, nothing serious but I had to get my car towed home and they done it for me, then my next cars engine gave up a few months later and that needed to be towed too! The xmas day one would of cost well more than a years AA membership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

Well worth it, I'm a mechanic and i have it, it covers you not the car, so if you were in a mates car and it broke down you can call them for that. I was down in kerry on a bank hoilday weekend and the waterpump went, They sent a truck down from dublin and towed the car back up for me, and supplied me with a rental car, didn't cost me anything, just think of what the towing charge would be if i got a independent towing crowd to tow it back to dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It does cover you and not the car, so it's better than the insurance policy breakdown cover you'd have. Also you get discounts on things like hotels and days out in Dublin and stuff like that.

Advertisement