Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

toyota celica tyres

• 15-06-2009 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

would anybody be able to advise me on a decent set of tyres for a toyota celica? its the 190bhp version so i'm looking for something with decent grip but reasonable wearing. also the current setup has 205/55's on the back and 205/50's on the front? cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Try camskills.co.uk. Got my last four there at a good price. Depends on your driving style really. Do you want mad grip or long life or cheap.

All the popular tyres should have reviews on them. Find a tyre, google it, try another etc til you find one to suit your needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's camskill.co.uk :)

they're amazing, delivered in under 24 hours and very cheap.

Can't see why you'd have wider tyres on the back of a FWD car.....

colm_mcm wrote: »

Meh. I was tired. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 revenant

yeah current setup is a total mongrel affair every kind of shoe on her. bridgestone potenza's seem to be the choice 'bout 150 yo yo's a corner fitted though so i'll do some more checking cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I got a set of 4 Toyo Proxes 215/45/17 delivered for around 320. they aren't known to be particularly hard wearing but they're plenty grippy.

Are your tyres 16 or 17 inch?

If I was paying 150 a corner, I'd be getting GoodYear Eagle F1's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

colm_mcm wrote: »

He doesn't, he has a higher profile, which is even more odd.
    OP, put the same size tyre all round this time. I think 50 is the correct profile for the 16" on the Celica.
    Goodyear Eagle F1's are excellent for grip, but wear reasonably quickly. Dunlop SP9000 are fairly grippy too, and last a little longer than the Eagle F1's.

I got 4 Eagle F1's (215/45/17's) for less then 400 delivered from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭peltor

I had one of these cars from new 205/50's all round yokohama advan are the tyre of choice these are original equipment and they handle best fantastic mileage and very quite and sure footed would prob be in region of about €160 each fitted i think

Advertisement