Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I leaving out anything?

Options
  • 15-06-2009 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Okay, I've just ordered my first build and I was wondering if there was anything that I need to get in order to assemble it when it arrives.
    Aside from CPU grease (and maybe an anti-static wristband), is there anything else I need to get? Screws, washers, spacers, anything like that, or does that stuff usually come packaged with the components?
    Also, the coolant I have is this stuff. Will it do, or would I want to get some Arctic Silver or the like? I don't plan on doing any mad overclocking.
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

I'm sure that grease will do. Artic silver is a very good compound but anything other than the stock stuff is fine.

All the nuts and bolts will come with the case/MoBo. Only thing I would suggest would be some cable ties. Since they help tidy up the wires a huge amount! My case came with a small box of cable ties, but mine was a cooler master 590. I have no idea about other brands and what they ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭david p

Will do, I've ordered an Antec 300 so I'll probably pick some up just in case. Thanks for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Seems like you have everything. It could be a case that you will need power/fan cable extenders when you've got everything in there though. Has happened me a few times.

Artic Silver is defo a really good compound to go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

daverage wrote: »
    Will do, I've ordered an Antec 300 so I'll probably pick some up just in case. Thanks for the help!

I got cable ties with my antec 300

Advertisement