Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power cut and effecting other appliances

• 15-06-2009 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

Hey guys need help with the power out the other night in my area it knocked off Ntl and my gas when it came back on.
    I have rang a number on the generator for the gas but they haven't rang me back.And my Gas heating hasn't come back on i don't know what to do!
    Any clue who i am meant to ring or what the problem may be?
    Thanks alot :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

could be a number of things....... If your time clock/programmer had no battery back up it might need to be reset. The boiler may have "locked out" due to the power cut, etc. etc........ Call a registered gas installer and get it checked!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

MiniGolf wrote: »
    could be a number of things....... If your time clock/programmer had no battery back up it might need to be reset. The boiler may have "locked out" due to the power cut, etc. etc........ Call a registered gas installer and get it checked!:D

Thats actuallly off the timer and hasnt come back on since:( No hot water no heating:(

Thanks for reply though :),I already rang one company but they never rang back !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Boiler has most likely just locked out.

Have you an immersion that you can switch on for hot water?

Have you checked your fuse board to see if anything has tripped/blown?

Have you plugged out the digi box and plugged it back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Would there be a slamshut valve on your gas installation??

Maybe that hasn't reset?

IF there is there's a little brass knob ontop of the valve you've to pull out to reset it.

Just a suggestion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Thanks for your replies :) after all that there was a reset button and mind you was tiny and would not even know it was there.
    Thanks again :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement