Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBOYS HK416 Full Metal

Options
  • 15-06-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

(Kalash, DBOYS, whatever It says DBOYS on the box, comes with a DBOYS battery, etc.)

Picked this up in Eirsoft on friday, after waiting a good long while. I was considering cannibalising it for the Body for my VFC 416 (I am the original 416 whore), but I'm going to leave it as-is. What a lovely piece.

Anyway, the unboxing looks like this:

82754.jpg

The box comes with the gun itself, charger, DBOYS 8.4v battery, hicap, PEQ box, foregrip, outer barrel extension and small bag with bits in it:

82755.jpg

That's a small philips screwdriver (which is a mystery, because I've no idea what it's for), a tiny tool for winding the hicap (it doesn't have a winder on the bottom, so you can disguise your n00bcap-ness), as well as the alternate front sight (it also comes with the one that goes on the RIS).

Basically, this gun can be either the short-barrel or long-barrel variant, with either front sight. It's just a case of popping in the barrel extension and alternate front sights, and you're all set.

82759.jpg

The PEQ box is also a little less fail than your average one. Solid, and not shiny. Still didnt stop me asking Masada to rewire the gearbox back into the stock, though :-)

82760.jpg

The body, of course, is fantastic. Full metal, full trades. Not shiny and black, and with a gucci HK logo inside the bolt cover :-)

82761.jpg

(to be continued)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

82762.jpg
    82763.jpg
    82764.jpg

The inside/gas block looks decent

82765.jpg

The long configuration :

82766.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

With alternate front sights :

82767.jpg

Shorty, with the front grip :

82768.jpg

Haven't skirmished it yet, but it's a lovely piece. I especially like the super-quick switch between the two configurations, and the extras (front grip, tools, iron sights, fancy hicap). Can't wait to get out with it though, will report in when I do :-)

Advertisement