Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unsupported xbox1 games

• 15-06-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

is there anyway to force an unsupported xbox game to boot in the 360, for examnple timesplitters 2 which i seen for a fiver and couldnt resist only to get home to have it unplayable in my 360 and requireing me to break out the old box

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Nope, totally different hardware. Software based emulation is used, and wasn't created for timesplitters 2 specifically unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

They do work on making more original xbox games work with the 360, so all you can do I suppose is wait and see if Timesplitters will work with it in the future.

Heres a funny one though, I bought State Of Emergency there a while ago. Put it in the old xbox and it didn't work, although the disc was in very good condition. Put it in the 360 and it did work. Anyone care to explain? :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They do work on making more original xbox games work with the 360, so all you can do I suppose is wait and see if Timesplitters will work with it in the future.

No they aren't. They promised that they would keep working on it until most games were supported when the console was launched then announced they were stopping after less than a year. Even the compatibility list is pure lies with many games having problems or refusing to work entirely.
    Heres a funny one though, I bought State Of Emergency there a while ago. Put it in the old xbox and it didn't work, although the disc was in very good condition. Put it in the 360 and it did work. Anyone care to explain? :P

Probably because as i said the compatibility list is mostly lies with very few games on it working properly if at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

pulled out the old box to be greeted with an error 16 and then an error 21 when i try to boot any sort of xbe :(

nevermind, burned the dash loader wrong, anyway, Moar bc plox, kthxbai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ah right, didn't know that retro. Last time I checked on the xbox site they said they were. Ah well, at least weeder, you had an orignial xbox to play the game.

eventually got it working too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

sucks :(

I found strangers wrath dirt cheap over in the uk and picked it up with republic commando

republic commando works and is pretty cool, but strangers wrath doesnt which p*ssess me off.

tempted to pick up a classic xbox cheap in moore street mall just to play it and any other classics I find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Coincidental thread or what!!

I dragged my orig xbox kicking and screaming out of the cupboard this weekend for the first time in 2 years to fire up Rugby 06, and it's still a wicked little machine. Fair enough the graphics aren't up to par anymore, but all the gameplay is still there. (Forgot how much I loved PES 4 as well :D)

It's a shame how they won't keep going with the backwards compatibility. If they're building a new Xbox at the mo, I seriously hope, thye have that top of the list.

moore street?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance isn't compatible. That really got on my tits, haven't played it in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No they aren't. They promised that they would keep working on it until most games were supported when the console was launched then announced they were stopping after less than a year. Even the compatibility list is pure lies with many games having problems or refusing to work entirely.

They probably stopped around the time they started to sell digital versions of certain Xbox1 games through Xbox Live, which is itself now set to stop in Autumn to mkae room for the Xbox360 game digital donwloads. And half the ones on Xbox Live now are ****.

At this rate, if there is a game ya want to play not on the list, find a cheap Xbox, should be under €50 at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Only old xbox game I still play is Burnout 3......and that works great. I knew some games didn't work, but I thought most did. Shame really.

Backwards compatability is a staple of gaming and I wish companies would stop dropping it. Its the sole reason I havent bought a ps3. The launch ones had BC but everything after that didn't so that HUGE catalogue of ps2 games out there is useless. Total waste.
    The Wii is able to play gamecube games and its one of its best features as it doubles the library of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

weeder wrote: »
    moore street?
    A street linking Parnell Street and Henry Street in Dublin. It's known for it's stalls and street sellers. Good source for your Carburys chocolate and lighters 4 for 50p... even the last of the cheeky Charlies, if you go back far enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The only game I keep my xbox out for is Panzer Dragoon Orta which gets a play any time I want to experience the wonderful series. It's on the compatibility list but doesn't work, it crashes everytime after the 3rd level.

Advertisement