Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you like sleeping with your partner?

• 15-06-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I don't :mad:

I need my own space, I find it really hard to sleep with an other person beside me breathing, spluttering, wheezing, tossing, turning, snoring argh!

Don't get me wrong, I love the sex, and cuddling after can be nice too, but when it comes to sleeping I need my own space.

Would it be weird for a couple these days to sleep in different beds? Would society frown upon this? Well society- let me know if that would be acceptable.

Do you like sleeping with your partner? 116 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 116 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Wheres the 'when I want sex option'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

eh we need a new option for single losers that'd be grateful to have to put up with the problem...

*ahem*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

She was away for a week and by the time i got used to sleeping alone she came back. This = a very tired helimachoptor!

Worked aborad a bit and when I came home for holidays it was always a struggle to get a decent nights sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Unless you have a king size bed, no. It's too hot and uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

What the fcuk is Society doing watching you sleep? And Judging you about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

"hows about we push the single beds together tonight, i'm horny"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I love it though maybe it's cause I don't see mines too often. Might get a bit tiresome after a while I suppose but as it's not a single bed it's usually grand. Either way, if you plan on getting married you really have to get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Why should you be worried if society frowns upon it, no one has to know if you sleep together or separately unless you tell your friends :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Like the falling sleep/waking up part, but I really prefer being left alone on my own side when I'm trying to sleep. And I hate being crowded over to my edge of the bed.

Got a pretty big bed though so it's OK mostly

Well society- let me know if that would be acceptable.

AH is a great place for sincere advice :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Theres nothing as bad as when you are half asleep in bed first and then your partner follows you up and you have to move to let them in.

I'm a cranky fucker when I'm tired/woken up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I need my own space, I find it really hard to sleep with an other person beside me breathing, spluttering, wheezing, tossing, turning, snoring argh!

Don't get me wrong, I love the sex, and cuddling after can be nice too, but when it comes to sleeping I need my own space.

Would it be weird for a couple these days to sleep in different beds? Would society frown upon this? Well society- let me know if that would be acceptable.

Me too Shambles, I'm the starfish sleeper, need plenty of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I do like going to sleep and walking up beside my girlfriend, except for the occasional dead arm that I get after having her lying on it for 8 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Charco wrote: »
    I do like going to sleep and walking up beside my girlfriend, except for the occasional dead arm that I get after having her lying on it for 8 hours.

That can come in handy..although having a girlfriend I'm sure you wouldn't benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Come to think of it, a king-sized bed with a motor-operated divider wall in the middle would be very useful. You could switch it off for sex, and then turn it on for sleeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

My bf and I live together and we always sleep in the same bed. We have a king bed so there's lots of space. If he's ever away for a night, I don't sleep well at all, it just feels weird. He's like my comfort blanket or something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

I for one love it, as long as its in my big bed. Whenever we have to bunk up on a couch or single bed it ends badly.(Me sleeping on the floor because its nice and cold :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Me and the GF are a good match, I only take up 1/5th of the bed and I sleep on the edge , she sleeps panned out like a murder scene from CSI. - Thats during the week.

We spoon at weekends, sometimes Im the small spoon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ha ha. Poor soupy.

Takes me ages to get asleep anyways so if me lack is beside me snoring I just have something to laugh at till I eventually nod off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Me and the GF are a good match, I only take up 1/5th of the bed and I sleep on the edge , she sleeps panned out like a murder scene from CSI. - Thats during the week.

duuuuuuuuuude, for shame

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

For me it took a while to get used to it, when I lived at home I had a double bed all to myself so could literally sleep horizontally across it if I wanted, so it was a big change having to share the space with someone. Now though, if I'm away from the OH for a night I don't sleep properly at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Saibh wrote: »
    Why should you be worried if society frowns upon it, no one has to know if you sleep together or separately unless you tell your friends :D

Is that whats secretly going on ?!?! Is every couple in the planet actually sleeping seperately but just pretending to their friends/family/society that they are sleeping together? Cause I believed it all, more fool me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ad1

i love it. i love it. i love it.
    However, sometimes i get farted on... i'm not a fan of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I'm slowly getting used to it, mainly because I'm so tired from work hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

well im currently single, but when in a relationship i looooove sleeping beside someone, always would have slept curled up to my then-boyfriend. i used really like it if i woke up in the night and got out of bed for whatever reason, then when i got back in, he;d still be asleep but would instinctively cuddle up to me again.

sigh.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Is that whats secretly going on ?!?! Is every couple in the planet actually sleeping seperately but just pretending to their friends/family/society that they are sleeping together? Cause I believed it all, more fool me.

You can choose to believe or not believe what you hear from your friends/family/society, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter once you are happy as a couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Took me a month to get used to it (and that was after us sleeping together every night)
    Had countless sleepless nights during that month, but it was so worth persevering with it... I sleep sounder with her in the bed now than I ever have, and just love waking up next to her every morning!

A swift elbow to the ribs usually puts a stop to any annoying sounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Yeah I love sleeping beside himself because it means I get a good nights sleep.

But if he has been out drinking & is locked then it's easier to go to the spare room, a lot of drink makes him jump & twist in his sleep. More than once I've got a kick or an elbow into the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

I can't even sleep with someone in the same room, nevermind the same bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I love cuddling with my OH when going asleep but sometimes I get too hot. Then I just deflate her and put her back in the drawer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I love cuddling with my OH when going asleep but sometimes I get too hot. Then I just deflate her and put her back in the drawer

LMAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I love it, nothing like putting your arm around your partner and cupping a boob for the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

jester77 wrote: »
    I love it, nothing like putting your arm around your partner and cupping a boob for the night :D
    man-boobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

being single I don't have to worry about these frivalities..... no I'm more worried about only being able to sleep after a good cry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah love it, get a bigger bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I always slept better with my GF in the bed. And she slept better when I was there. Perhaps it could have been all the boinking, tired us out.

But now I is single and have the bed all to myself.

but can't sleep. sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

hug and roll, hug and roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Do you like sleeping with your partner
    I like yours, does that count?

[/bitch]

Naw.. same bed rocks. Surprise sex doesnt really work out from another bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

Senna wrote: »
    "hows about we push the single beds together tonight, i'm horny"

ive got a headache!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Jesus.........don't ever have children then.:p The little fu ckers love to climb in the middle of the bed and sleep horizontally......across the pillows........with me on the receiving end of a pair of twitchy, toddler's feet. :o

I'm off to buy a superking size bed.........and a barricade for the bedroom door!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

She could punch me when im sleepin and i stil sleep soundly. It dosn bother me either way because i fall asleep first always so she left wit the snores. Proper gent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Hears an idea for you get a bigger bed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

yes i like sleeping with your partner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

when i had a partner Hell no!!!!!!
    he stole the blankets, he sweated, he too over the bed....

now i am singel i have a king size bed and i sleep happy.... had a friend stay over the other night.... i got up and slept on the sofa!!!

mink_man wrote: »
    yes i like sleeping with your partner!

[Cough] #39 [/Cough]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Last person I slept with regularly enough to notice any patterns would not let go of me when they were lying beside me. Always meant I was too hot to sleep. (There's an awful pun in there, but I'm talking about the temperature. The obvious benefits were also pleasant though.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Last person I slept with regularly enough to notice any patterns would not let go of me when they were lying beside me.

How is Mommy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Should have read entire thread. Especially post 39....my bad.

super-rush wrote: »
    Should have read entire thread. Especially post 39....my bad.

Yes you are. Read it again, just to be sure.. :pac:

/Edit:just copped your reason for edit- "for talking to myself". lmao. what did it say? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

For Sale: -

Two single beds, one hardly used, the other used very hardly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement