Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you like sleeping with your partner?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Abigayle wrote: »
    I like yours, does that count?

[/bitch]

Naw.. same bed rocks. Surprise sex doesnt really work out from another bed.

That's illegal in 42 states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

i like snuggling up beside him and waking up beside him,but i've sent him to the spare room when the snoring gets too much for my poor lil ears:o

niether of us is prone to tossing and turning,although ki do steal the duvet according to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

my last bf used to follow me around the bed (and i travel in my sleep!)....which was annoying, trying to untangle oneself in an bathroom emergency causes stress

hug and roll people!

king or superking size beds usually sort that out fairly lively.....as does a swift kick to the offending partner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

It takes me a while to get used to sharing my bed (well when i had a double bed anyway!) but now im single in my single bed *sniff* dont have these problems anymore...

On a side note.. spooning/cuddling/falling asleep wrapped comfortably around one another fingers entwined sorta stuff...now that..well that rocks ;)

*sighs blissfully*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I don't :mad:

I need my own space, I find it really hard to sleep with an other person beside me breathing, spluttering, wheezing, tossing, turning, snoring argh!

Don't get me wrong, I love the sex, and cuddling after can be nice too, but when it comes to sleeping I need my own space.

Would it be weird for a couple these days to sleep in different beds? Would society frown upon this? Well society- let me know if that would be acceptable.
    I was all for the notion of the 'love room' where the act could take place. And then we'd both have our own room. There's always a 'spare' elbow, breathing, snoring, knee in the back etc etc.

But with my current partner, I could sleep with him the whole time. Not a bother. I could also go to sleep beside him a lot. Fnar fnar.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I hate sleeping with my partner.

His badge and gun dig into my back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Abigayle wrote: »
    Yes you are. Read it again, just to be sure.. :pac:

/Edit:just copped your reason for edit- "for talking to myself". lmao. what did it say? :D

The voice was very faint but i think it said GTFO boards and turn out the light

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

As a lot of people above said, I love the going to bed, snuggling etc and waking up beside him.. But I could live without the actually sleeping part, or not as the case may be for me.. He snores, talks in his sleep and makes a weird clicking noise with his mouth sometimes which boils my blood.. I don't know how many nights I've had to wake him up and tell him to STFU :o

He also likes to hog the duvet :mad:

Men, can't live with 'em......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

At the start I found it very hard to get used to sleeping in the same bed as him but now I can't sleep if he's not there.

Although, god love him, he sometimes dreams he plays for arsenal (he's a loyal fan) and he can really kick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I absolutly love it, my favourite part of day..:) Im a divil for the cosieness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 chopley

Scientists have actually discovered that men are best sleeping on their own while their wife/girlfriend sleeps with someone else ;)... Well, sort of!
    Read here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5197440.stm

Interesting quote: << Dr Neil Stanley, a sleep expert at the University of Surrey, said: "It's not surprising that people are disturbed by sleeping together. Historically, we have never been meant to sleep in the same bed as each other. It is a bizarre thing to do." >>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

easyeason3 wrote: »
    But if he has been out drinking & is locked then it's easier to go to the spare room, a lot of drink makes him jump & twist in his sleep. More than once I've got a kick or an elbow into the face.

I thought I was the only one!
    xzanti wrote: »
    He . . . makes a weird clicking noise with his mouth . . . I don't know how many nights I've had to wake him up and tell him to STFU :o

I thought I was the only one! (Although a nice pat on the cheek usually works as well.)

Advertisement