Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBOYS HK416 Full Metal - Discussion

Options
  • 15-06-2009 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

Per forum charter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Very nice, how much did this little beast cost??
    What FPS is it shooting at?
    How much does it weigh?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That looks really good for a clone, a direct copy of the VFC by the looks of it.

Is it just the flash for does the receiver look grey compared to the rest of the gun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Nice pics, been wanting to get this puppy for a few weeks now but hadn't got the cash. Once i do i'm straight down to get myself one.

How do you find it with the bat in the standard stock, Was going to get a crane stock and have it rewired.

Then just slap a EOTech on it and change your callsign to Cool Breeze:D

Nice review mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Very nice, how much did this little beast cost??
    What FPS is it shooting at?
    How much does it weigh?

Costs 220 I think, I got it with a bunch of other stuff so cant be 100%.

It's shooting at 317-320 in the shop with .2g bb.

I just got up and weighed it for you :-) comes in at just over 2.5kg

That looks really good for a clone, a direct copy of the VFC by the looks of it.

Is it just the flash for does the receiver look grey compared to the rest of the gun?

It is actually just like that -- greyer and a more matte finish than the rest of the gun aright. I actually prefer that to the usual shiny black of the likes of the newer VFC or JG receiver.

• Advertisement

Craigsy wrote: »
    Nice pics, been wanting to get this puppy for a few weeks now but hadn't got the cash. Once i do i'm straight down to get myself one.

How do you find it with the bat in the standard stock, Was going to get a crane stock and have it rewired.

Then just slap a EOTech on it and change your callsign to Cool Breeze:D

Nice review mate

I used to use crane stocks and 9.6v crane stocks off www.component-shop.co.uk (15 sterling a pop). ebaybanned have the JG crane stock, which actually looks better than the one you get with the JG crane stock type.

Nowadays I use the normal 416 stock, and a 7.4v LiPo battery that fits right in the stock tube. You can get them off ehobby or gunner. http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/bb-battery/batteries/lithium-batteries/hot-power-7-4v-1100mah-12c-lithium-battery.html

I use nothing but eotechs these days. Iron sights are for n00bz :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

I was looking at them in eirsoft yesterday, they are nice.
    Body is too grey for my liking relative to the front end and stock, but I'm sure I could live with it.

Amazing outer build quality.

As someone who owns the full trade VFC 416, it's very close. So close I may actually get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The grey is the type of finish on an m4 yeah, but a 416 should be blacker should it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Have you tried your mags through it yet?

I'd be interested to see if it takes pmags ok (both star and magpul versions) and any others you can check also.

Functioning bolt catch like the vfc I assume?

8mm V2 gearbox or any idea?

Lovely looking piece. I'd imagine it looks better in the flesh too.

Have you tried your mags through it yet?

I'd be interested to see if it takes pmags ok (both star and magpul versions) and any others you can check also.

Functioning bolt catch like the vfc I assume?

8mm V2 gearbox or any idea?

Lovely looking piece. I'd imagine it looks better in the flesh too.

I haven't tried the pmags in it, although my pmags have the mod done for other 416s (where you dremel off the first ridge on the front to make it fit into the straight-across magwell).

I'll try 'em this evening and let you know. Haven't had a chance to take a good look at this gun apart from the review since berget prep is taking up this week :-)

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I haven't tried the pmags in it, although my pmags have the mod done for other 416s (where you dremel off the first ridge on the front to make it fit into the straight-across magwell).

I'll try 'em this evening and let you know. Haven't had a chance to take a good look at this gun apart from the review since berget prep is taking up this week :-)

That's a nice complaint;):D
    Lucky sod!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

The greyness of the body is the only real thing putting me off getting one. But once i get one in my hands i may change my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

like the gas tube set up looks better than the jg version ,same outer barrer set up ,
    whats she like firing,rof,sound

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gerrowadat wrote: »

I didn't know you had to do that to get the PMAGs into a 416.:eek: I have a few Magpul PMAGs and they fit into my VFC 416 without any mods to them, they are a bit tight and don't drop free on release but they go in the well OK.

I didn't know you had to do that to get the PMAGs into a 416.:eek: I have a few Magpul PMAGs and they fit into my VFC 416 without any mods to them, they are a bit tight and don't drop free on release but they go in the well OK.

Yep, I've found the same with my magpul pmags and VFC416, but the star versions wont fit (vfc) without the modification.

I originally did the mod for either the JG or G&G 416, can't remember which. It's possible the VFC and this gun may not require the mod.

I've gone and disconnected the battery wire in the stock tube, and can't find a long-handled screwdriver to pull the stock tube off and fix it right now. Will try to get to it pre-berget to test pmag feeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Oglon93

So did you just rewire it to take the battery in the stock tube?
    Does it need to be upgraded to take a lipo or anything?
    Whats it like compared to a JG 416
    Thanks

I got Richie to do it (Thanks Richie!), but sure.

It's a 7.4v lipo, which is somewhere in RoF between a 8.4 and 9.6 nimh battery. 11.1v lipos are for losers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Oglon93

ok thanks man im thinking of the 11v lipo
    Og~

Advertisement