Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need engine for 03 1.4 Astra

• 15-06-2009 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi All,

Over 6 weeks ago the engine blew in my 03 1.4 Astra. I got it towed and the recovery guy said that he would replace it for me. It turned out that he got the wrong type (I need the one with the catalytic convertor on the front). So basically I've been waiting for one to turn up. He is searching for one and another mechanic is on the case too. I'm just wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of some breakers in the Munster area that might be able to help me. I'm sssooo fed up at this stage. Any advice is welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

xmaslove wrote: »
    Hi All,

Over 6 weeks ago the engine blew in my 03 1.4 Astra. I got it towed and the recovery guy said that he would replace it for me. It turned out that he got the wrong type (I need the one with the catalytic convertor on the front). So basically I've been waiting for one to turn up. He is searching for one and another mechanic is on the case too. I'm just wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of some breakers in the Munster area that might be able to help me. I'm sssooo fed up at this stage. Any advice is welcome

Theres a guy out on the Ballyheigue Road, just beyond Ardfert heading out of Tralee who has a million Opels in his yard. Many quite modern crashed/damaged of all sorts. Dont know his name or number buy may be able to get it if it helps. Im from kerry myself but away from home at the moment, so I cant check it out personally, but could make a few calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭xmaslove

Thank you, i'll check them out

Sogood, that would be brilliant if you could do that for me. I would be able to get it collected myself so that wouldn't be a problem. Thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try Bob Sweeney's in Castleconnell, Co. Limerick. 061 377496

Also as already mentioned www.traynors.co.uk up North, they deliver to the Republic. Just remember than Opel are Vauxhall up North but I would imagine they use the same engine. Just make sure the engine numbers match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

The guy in Kerry (on the Ballyheigue Road out of Tralee) is called Sonny Kennely Phone 087 - 2574618.

You could also ask over on the Irish Opel website - www.totalopel.com

What happened to your engine btw?
    Timing belt break?
    What mileage was on it?

I drive a '03 Astra 1.4 XE (67k miles).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Silvera wrote: »
    The guy in Kerry (on the Ballyheigue Road out of Tralee) is called Sonny Kennely Phone 087 - 2574618.

You could also ask over on the Irish Opel website - www.totalopel.com

What happened to your engine btw?
    Timing belt break?
    What mileage was on it?

I drive a '03 Astra 1.4 XE (67k miles).

Well done Silvera, beat me to it, but nice to see that people care enough to help.

thanks for all the replies i'll check them all out tomrrow

engine just blew dunno why 96k on the clock

Advertisement