Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old Nokia 3120 - "brand new" but the "7" key not working at all...

• 15-06-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Ok, so following on from a thread last week where I was looking to replace my old 3120 I went and bought one off Amazon

this is what it looks like

3613220907_172ec13228_o.jpg

anyway it arrived today , I opened it in work, charged it and (foolishly) threw the cardboard box in the bin in work (which will now have been emptied)

got home and turned it on and it's perfect except the "7" or "pqrs" key just won't work at all

I'm struggling to get the cover off to see is there something straightforward to sort this problem (but am wary of scratching/damaging this shiny new phone before sending it back)

any suggestions? is it f*cked / dodgy...? it came "unlocked" but was originally T-mobile and I'm using a vodafone pay as you go SIM in it if that makes any difference

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dont open it, send it back. If you do open it, and damage part of the housing the seller will hold you responsible.

Doesn't mean its dodgy, because it came unlocked doesn't mean it 'hot' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭ergo

Davy wrote: »
    Dont open it, send it back. If you do open it, and damage part of the housing the seller will hold you responsible.

Doesn't mean its dodgy, because it came unlocked doesn't mean it 'hot' :D

so it's unlikely there could be something simple I can do to fix this problem by taking off the cover ( I had just gone to the kitchen to get a knife to assist me in this...... :eek: )

ergo wrote: »
    so it's unlikely there could be something simple I can do to fix this problem by taking off the cover ( I had just gone to the kitchen to get a knife to assist me in this...... :eek: )

Nope, the design of the phone i think its a internal fault that you wont be able to fix. Its a flat contact under the button, its not that the button can dislodge from it. I have a 3120 here and never had a problem with it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭ergo

Davy wrote: »
    Nope, the design of the phone i think its a internal fault that you wont be able to fix. Its a flat contact under the button, its not that the button can dislodge from it. I have a 3120 here and never had a problem with it yet.

ok, thanks for that, so annoying though because otherwise the phone is so perfect and shiny and new and now I'm facing into more days to weeks of going to the post office etc etc

happily, I just realised I didn't throw out the box, just the plastic packaging with the address label on it so that shouldn't cause too many hassles with the return hopefully - will keep ye updated...

Contact the seller and see what they say.

If you decide to take it apart, you need a T6 screw driver to remove the 6screws. Do Not Use a Knife! The design of this particular phone, it wont do you any good imo

• Advertisement
Advertisement