Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GGPO/2DF name list

Options
  • 15-06-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭

This thread is now closed.

A more up to date list of Irish 2DF/GGPO players as well as Irish players of other fighting games can be found in the following thread.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055872323

If you wish to add a name to the Irish player list please do so in the thread linked above.

Hey guys, figured I'd make a thread listing all of us who use 2DF and/or GGPO. These two sites make up pretty much the best way to play emulated fighting games on PC. GGPO came earlier, and I've heard it's more reliable, but 2DF has a much bigger selection of games at the moment.

It'd be great if a mod could update this list in the OP (as I think I'll lose the ability to edit after replies are made?), and maybe even sticky it.

GGPO:
    Azza
    Blagdhalia
    Creature
    Delatroy
    Dreddybajs
    eireblanka
    Irish_Ken
    Kikimaru
    Leprekaun
    Nemesis
    Ramza126
    Relikk
    Retr0gamer

2DF/Supercade:
    Azza
    Blagdhalia
    Creature
    Delatroy
    Dreddybajs
    Irish-Ken
    Leprekaun
    Jimeatsmenu
    Ramza126
    Retr0gamer

NOTE: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MADE WITH MOD APPROVAL FROM SDooM ON THE ASSUMPTION THAT THERE WILL BE NO TALK OF HOW TO DOWNLOAD ROMS HERE. PLEASE DO NOT ASK WHERE TO GET ROMS IN THIS THREAD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

lol at the disclaimer, remember google is your friend.

anywho I can't play 2df anymoreas it knackers out my router every time I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Actually I'm Creature, not Neptune on 2Df/GGPO. It doesn't really matter though as GGPO doesn't seem to be working for me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

You can add me to both them lists.I'm Blagdhalia on both,but it's mostly ggpo,I do play there 3 or 4 times a week for an hour or two.I show up with a British flag as I'm in Belfast(boo).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I play a tiny bit of 3S/ST on 2DF as kikimaru024; can't host though (running Windows in a VM...)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

2DF - Jimeatsmenu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Irish-Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Been having some class games with Azza lately, and a couple with K.O.Kiki too. More people need to get on this!

I've been playing some 3s on 2df recently, not seen anyone.

I'm in the ST room usually, I'll start joining 3S too though.

Will be playing more often as my Xbox Live Gold is out of commission. :pac:

Just KO'd someone with Dudley's taunt in the final round of a 3S game. I officially retire from 3S. :pac:

• Advertisement

Ibuki's taunt KO ftw :D

(she leaps over them and waves at the...'camera' kinda thing as they fall to the floor)

Although dudleys, Seans and to a far lesser extent ibuki's taunts are a big part of their mix up game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I once got killed by Ken's taunt. True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

add me to the GGPO list :).

I just got it actually and couldn't believe how good the netcode is. 0% lag, nothing :).

I'll be getting 2DF now and seeing the story with that later. I'll most probably be on 2DF as I'm more of a 3S man than 2T.

2DF is pretty much the same but don't both have 3S? Maybe there's a bigger 3S presence on 2DF, I dunno.

2dfs the place to play 3s alright. Its buggy on ggpo and indeed theres more 3s players on 2DF.

I'll be on ggpo later for a while if anyone wants a game.If I'm not in the ST room I'll be in the Vampire Saviour room practicing my Bulletta.

Send me a pm if anyone's gonna be on a a specific time.

I'm on GGPO now if anyone wants a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

chopperbyrne on GGPO.

Think I have the same username on 2DF, but I never use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

put me down on 2df man
    .meducation.

come on lads, I'm seriously fired up about GGPO here. I've been playing a crazy good Honda on ST and a pretty good Rog in A3. I need more variety :P

• Advertisement

Leprekaun wrote: »
    come on lads, I'm seriously fired up about GGPO here. I've been playing a crazy good Honda on ST and a pretty good Rog in A3. I need more variety :P

Will hop on now if you want some games of ST

edit: GGPO crashed and updated adobe air, still no luck connecting to games afterwards though.

well, had an enjoyable session of A3, ST and A2. Mind you, stay from the DarkLight in A2, ridiculously good. Made me look like a total noob.

You can add me to the 2DF list now :).

Played a bit of 3S yesterday. Bloody hell, I thought I was good at 3S but played against a guy yesterday (SpaciousMan if you must know). Effin insane with the parrying with lag too! :eek:.

Just wondering here, both GGPO and 2DF seem to work really well (obviously when there is good ping) so would there be any interest in an online ST or 3S tournament lads or I guess both could be done?

You can add me to the 2DF list now :).

Played a bit of 3S yesterday. Bloody hell, I thought I was good at 3S but played against a guy yesterday (SpaciousMan if you must know). Effin insane with the parrying with lag too! :eek:.

Just wondering here, both GGPO and 2DF seem to work really well (obviously when there is good ping) so would there be any interest in an online ST or 3S tournament lads or I guess both could be done?

Yeah,online ST tourney would be fun!

Is your name Leprekaun on ggpo/2df?

yeah, Leprekaun on both GGPO and 2DF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

yeah, Leprekaun on both GGPO and 2DF

Do you have broadband now?! Or are you playing away from home?

Something I don't get though is the praise of GGPO. 2DF's code seems much better unlike having to double challenge in GGPO to get a game going.

I'm playing away from home. I've lost my social life now :rolleyes: lol.

in case you haven't checked your PMs animaX.

You, Me NOW! - 2DF :D

• Advertisement

right, I've decided :D. 3S and ST tournaments :D.

I was thinking 22 - 23 August (22/ST, 23/3S) at around 1 PM?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement