Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GGPO/2DF name list

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If you're doing it online there's no reason to have it over just one afternoon, you can just create brackets and give people a couple of days to play their matches. Will certainly give you some ST games on 2DF soon Lep!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I don't think I'll play in the tournaments as it was difficult to manage and play at the same time for the one at XGC. Granted a lot of factors would be taken out but would still be hard to keep up while playing at the same time.

yeah, I suppose both could be done on the same day after each other.

I don't think it'd be that hard to manage really - you just create the bracket, people post the result when they've finished their fight, etc. Your choice though but wouldn't want you to miss out on playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I used to run tournies on 2df, it's easy really.

The golden rule you need to enforce is that no one plays their next match until the round is over. other wise results become a nightmare to handle.

I'll link you to the Bracket maker i used if i can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

double post

I'm currently haunting both 2df and ggpo under the same name as here.
    if you see me, holler as they say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

My name is Drunken_Monkeyto on 2DF. I don't do GGPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ramza126 on 2DF/GGPO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

About bleedin time you showed up Ramza (Its me Irish-Ken)

Ramza was the best Irish 3rd Striker I faced in me time playing Street Fighter. Granted i'm not a massively experienced SFer but yeah anyways. You played S4 yet? Last time I talked to you you said you hadnt played it yet, you were waiting for the PC version or something.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

Ramza was the best Irish 3rd Striker I faced in me time playing Street Fighter. Granted i'm not a massively experienced SFer but yeah anyways. You played S4 yet? Last time I talked to you you said you hadnt played it yet, you were waiting for the PC version or something.

Yeah bitch, it's me haha

Yep, liking it a lot, still prefer 3s and ST tho. Play on XBL, my PC can't handle the PC version so until I upgrade, its Xbox version for me

Up for some games? Plus you going to that SFIV Tourney at XGC?

Alright lads, interest seems to be building up for this. I have tournament maker so should be alright. Just need to know now who is registering for this so that I can add the names to tournament maker.

It'll be classic double elimination so won't be anything complicated. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'd be able to change the rounds as the game options are in Japanese :confused: so wouldn't know what to change unless someone here can kindly tell me how?

I think we should run this on 2DF as well as both games are emulated perfectly and the fact that 2DF seems to have been better developed from the challenge system (I read on the GGPO forums that some people have to double challenge to get a game going (I'd be included in that group)) and the fact that you have to open 10 ports in comparison to 2DF's 2 ports (27886 UDP and TCP)

As for port forwarding, I know 2DF only needs 1 player to have the ports open but to avoid the possibility of 2 players meeting up in a match who both have their ports closed, it would be quite vital if everyone can open these ports (27886 UDP and TCP).

• Advertisement

Right, since there is the chance that the SFIV XGC tournament will be on the 22nd, I was thinking of moving the 2DF tournaments to the 23rd. What do you lads think?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

fck you so ! ;) :pac::pac::pac:
    ramza and me have had some great matches, he shuda been up north with us, representin east coast

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote: »
    fck you so ! ;) :pac::pac::pac:
    ramza and me have had some great matches, he shuda been up north with us, representin east coast
    You know, I only just realised this.
    But it's who we are.

EAST COAST! GET HYPE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    But it's who we are.

EAST COAST! GET HYPE!!

Did you not hear me and Placebo shouting that in Belfast?!!!

East coast! Dublin represent! Belfast where you at!

LETS GO JUSTIN

those were good shout outs, im back on 2df

'anti-girl'

still trying to solder my stick, the lazyness

fck you so !

Yeah we did, for sure :)
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    But it's who we are.

EAST COAST! GET HYPE!!

Holy ****, I just realised that too! Class!
    Did you not hear me and Placebo shouting that in Belfast?!!!

East coast! Dublin represent! Belfast where you at!

I've got the curly moustache

But, regards to the tournament, I think you should not have it on the 22nd as the XGC event is gonna take place then I'm sure. Since it's online I think dates are more fixable and easily suited to people etc. I'll play anyway, just let me know when and where :D

Leprekaun again why is it necessary to hold this over one day? As it's online we can let people play their matches over a couple of days.

it isn't necessary to have it over 1 day :). I don't know much about online tournaments so if everyone wants it over 2 days, fair enough. All I'm worried about is the entrants for tournament maker, thats it :). Everything else can be changed or adjusted.

Btw, just wanted to note, I'm using a new username on 2DF now. I wanted something more SF related so my new username is Shoakugou :D

anyone on now?

• Advertisement

anyone on now?

Will hop on now if you want some ST games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I might get into ggpo. How noob friendly is 3s on it, i presume noobs would get destroyed, ye?

no ST, 3s only

GG to Dreddybajs

frooze for some reason/

GG and no worries, up for a few more if you are!

edit: and bush, I'm crap at 3S, have only played a few games in my life of it, but I've played one or two people on 2DF at it and though I've been raped a few times there've been some presumably newish players too who I managed to do OK against.

Anyone up for some games of 3S on 2DF? I've changed my username again to something totally cheesy "HeavenlySky" as in the meaning of the symbol on Akuma's back :P (some say heaven and some say sky) so put the two and two together and came up with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

GGs dreddy, Chun v Chun matches FTW! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Anyone up for some games of 3S on 2DF? I've changed my username again to something totally cheesy "HeavenlySky" as in the meaning of the symbol on Akuma's back :P (some say heaven and some say sky) so put the two and two together and came up with that.

Man, you're having some sort of identity crisis! Come back to us :p

ah im in work :(

animaX wrote: »
    Man, you're having some sort of identity crisis! Come back to us :p

Haha! I just thought I want something more fierce. I often try to finish matches with a raging demon for an extra effect :P

Oh and did you get 2DF going? or still proxy problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Oh and did you get 2DF going? or still proxy problems?

I emailed the helpdesk about opening certain ports (for xbox live mainly) and they still haven't gotten back to me. They do open the ports for steam and counter-strike so I don't see why they shouldn't allow xbox live.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement