Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advance Passenger Information for USA

Options
  • 15-06-2009 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Filling out the Advance Passenger Information on the Aer Lingus website for my flight away next Monday for my trip over there.

They are asking for where I will be staying but I'll be staying in a good few different places along the way so where do I tell them I'm staying?

The first place I'll be???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Just the first place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Excellent thanks a million!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just the first place you are staying will do the job.

Although my last trip I gave them the last place I was staying in as I didn't know where I was staying the first night until I got there. They didn't really care that the address I had given them was on the other side of the country though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jerryluce

Hi guys,
    You have to give the address of where you are staying but I have a problem.

I am going to Boston soon but have no idea where I will be staying as I will sleeping be at a friends place who will be on a J1. They have no accommodation yet and I was just wondering what I should write down in the form for this since I don't know where I will be staying.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Just put in an address of a hotel. It won't be questioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Never say it won't. It may, and if the user is discovered that can lead to all sorts of fun and games up to and including denial of entry. OP: book a cheap motel or hostel for the first night so you have a confirmed booking to show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Yep, given the posters likely profile & the fact they might be visiting for a protracted period, it wouldn't be unheard of for CBP to dig a little deeper into their arrangements.

Presumably the poster will know where they're staying the evening before travel though & can update their particulars at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jerryluce

Thanks guys, I've found another friend who has given their address and I can stay with them. Thanks for your responses

Advertisement