Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do they ask for proof of certs in interview?

Options
  • 15-06-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

A friend lost his N+ and A+ certs, problem is they are on his CV. He has an interview coming up soon so no time atm to get a copy off CompTia. Will they want to see them as proof or what happens? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Does CompTIA provide an official transcript online like MS? Usually that is sufficient as certs can be doctored anyways.

I have never been asked for my certs at interview but have been asked for my transcript (which there is a link on my resume anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Ditto above

Never been asked to show my certs but I have been asked for my Microsoft MCP number

The ACTUAL certs themselves don't matter, I've no idea where the majority of mine are

By the way he can also log on to whatever testing company he used and it will show the Pass/Fail there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I had to provide them a number of times. The higher the cert the more likely that you will be asked for proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭accensi0n

qwertz wrote: »
    I had to provide them a number of times. The higher the cert the more likely that you will be asked for proof.

Yep. More than likely won't be asked for proof of A+ and N+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

I was not asked for them either, but like said above you can print off a copy from the site, also you can use that email thing that they have to forward prove to the company he is going for interview with, he would have got the login details for this already, its on the sheet they give you after the exam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement