Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diagnose this problem

• 15-06-2009 10:44pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭

Have a Fiat Doblo Cargo. Side door are bolted shut on the inside, and disconnected from central locking. We have an alarm from RM, and we have a shot bolt system on the back door. The lock on the back door was taken off the alarm, and we have to physically put the key in and lock/unlock it.

Here's the problem, light appears on the dash now telling me that a door is open. The shot bolt on the back door won't work now. The doors won't lock either. Got the bottom latch on the back door replaced today, problem still there. I keep the doors locked the whole time in the van, and am a bit pee'd now that I can't bring the van to Dublin.

My question is do I bring it to a fiat garage or back to RM, to find out what the problem is. Who'd be better? Has this happened anyone here? What do you think is wrong with it? I wouldn't mind, but I'm changing it next month, don't want to have to fork out loads when it's only going to be my problem for another month.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Bring it back to RM - if you bring it to Fiat, they'll tell you the same.

Did RM disconnect the electrical connectors on the side doors? Was the central locking working before going to RM?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yeah, they disconnected the doors. Now, the van is 7 years old, and we got RM when we first bought the van. It was a new van, so everything was working. Is it just showing it's age now, falling apart piece by piece?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Depending on when the "door open" warning light came on - if it was present when coming out of RM, it is possible something they did upset it. I don't know much about fiat's but disconnecting the door locks may have something to do with. You say the rear door was disconnected from the alarm as well - depending on what was disconnected, this could also be a culprit.

If it developed sometime after coming from them, it's possibly a defective "door ajar" switch. That would bring on the light on the dash and also prevent the central locking from working.

Bring it to RM and just tell them what's wrong - they've worked on the van and know it's history, so they should know what they're looking at.

Advertisement