Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's gonna be a long summer!

• 15-06-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

I was just looking over the upcoming new releases for the 360 and there doesn't seem to be much coming out until the end of August. After a summer of nothing, we're gonna get bogged down with (hopefully) great games.

The ones I'll be getting anyway are:
    Batman: Arkham Asylum (28th Aug)
    Splinter Cell (1st Sept)
    Halo3:ODST (22nd Sept)
    Forza 3 (22nd Oct)
    Bioshock 2 (30th Oct)
    Modern Warfare 2 (10th Nov)
    There's also a few other games that won't get my money but will with a lot of other gamers, like Fifa, Dead Rising 2 and NFS.

That's a sh*tload of games in less than 2 months, Forza 3 is gonna need weeks of uninterupted attention alone! Why cant the developers try space them out more?!?!:mad: I remember reading or seeing something on tv about the game developers already recognising this problem and vowing to do something about it. Did these guys leave the games industry or what?!

After watching the Forza 3 video, I had to blow the dust off part 2 - I forgot how addictive that game was. And the Enzo's with the naked women:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's summer, what do you expect? :)

Forza 3 is the only thing on that list I'm really looking forward to, so I have a few months to get the final achievement on 2. :P I've enough games to get me through the summer til then anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

amacachi wrote: »
    It's summer, what do you expect? :)

Pasty white skin from lack of sunshine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tales of Vesperia will be decreasing you're chances of catching skin cancer if you are into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

This is one of my biggest gripes about the 360 release schedule. There has been sweet f a in the past few months and especially in January and then all of a sudden in September to December developers decide to release everything.

Its ridiculous and surely it must hurt income when two or more "big ticket" games are released at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

What's the problem? Get Left 4 Dead and a Live subscription, summer wait sorted! :D

• Advertisement

This is one of my biggest gripes about the 360 release schedule. There has been sweet f a in the past few months and especially in January and then all of a sudden in September to December developers decide to release everything.

Its ridiculous and surely it must hurt income when two or more "big ticket" games are released at the same time?

Not just the 360 in fairness. I'll never understand the summer drought though. For family presents etc. people will be saving from September til Christmas, so those games will be bought then. People usually have money around over the summer and younger people have the free time.

Meh, they must know something I don't, with their fancy degrees and their cars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It didn't help EA who saw two excellent games, Dead Space and Mirrors Edge, criminally underperform before christmas before making a few sales back afterwards. You'd think they would have learnt their lessons last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

I have a huge backlog of games so this doesn't bother me in the least. I finished off 2 games last week (after stop playing them ages ago). Very pleased with myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Looking forward for Flashpoint Dragons Rising (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint_2) and Modern Warfare 2, they should keep me busy for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Tiger Woods is out in a few weeks and Gears DLC at the end of July. Also Madden and Wolfenstein out in August.

• Advertisement

bucks73 wrote: »
    Tiger Woods is out in a few weeks and Gears DLC at the end of July. Also Madden and Wolfenstein out in August.

New Fight Night must be out soon enough too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

My 360 has been broken for the past couple of months (was pretty damn lazy about shipping it to MS:p), so it suits me down to the ground... I can catch up on my backlog of games and maybe pick up some of the recent releases if they drop in price...
    Tales of Vesperia is looking good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

"it's been a long hot summer
    let's get undercover
    don't try too hard to think... don't think at all

I'm not the only one starin' at the sun
    afraid of what you'd find if you took a look inside
    not just deaf and dumb I'm staring at the sun
    not the only one who's happy to go blind"

oh wait..I thought this was a U2 thread...my bad :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's not too bad.

Ghostbusters (import)
    Fight Night 4
    Tiger Woods 10
    Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
    Call of Juarez
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

That's what I'm looking at, and while I was disappointed with the first CoJ and Transformers, these are supposed to be massive improvements, but still, I hope they're available to rent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm not gonna feel it too badly I don't think. Currently playing alot of L4D trying to get good enough tackle the expert mode on all levels. So thats been great fun. Will be picking up Fight Night 4 when it's out as well which will tide me over for a good while. Also looking to pick up Fallout 3 which i've been waiting to get for quite awhile now. Between that, finishing GTA: TLAD and getting stuck into Condemned 2 I have a farily full plate of games on the go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Fight Night Round 4 and Fallout 3 DLC to keep me ticking over until Arkham Asylum comes.

Have Red Faction, iNFAMOUS and Prototype to play the odd night when bored aswell.

All other Summer Releases will more than likely be Shovelware (exception of COJ2 maybe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Only one I really care about from that list is Modern Warfare 2. I have Grid to finish before I'd get Forza 3.

Left 4 Dead 2, FIFA 10, Pro Evolution & Ghostbusters are the others I'm waiting for. For the Summer I have UFC. Maybe Red Faction and Fight Night 4, depending on funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm not interested in anything this summer until Splinter Cell and The Beatles: Rock Band in September.

So... I popped into my local gamestop, their prices are $hit tbh, but I had a voucher. For €30 I picked up Just Cause, Stranglehold and Virtua Fighter 5! I know they're old games by some standards, but they all play nicely, and I'm sure I'll get lots of gaming-value from them. You can't go too far wrong for a €10.

With that in mind, I would encourage anyone who isn't impressed with the summer line-up to look at some older games that you might have missed, or didn't buy at the time, because the game wasn't worth €50-€60... it could be well worth the tenner :)

EDIT: Looking at my sig, currently 3 of the last 4 games I've played in fact...

2 good choices there. You'll get a lot of fun out of Just Cause. Just bear in mind that the difficulty curve goes vertical for the last level. All plain sailing until then. Stranglehold is great. VF, not my cup of tea, but I don't really like fighters. Mainly because I suck ass at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

chrislad wrote: »
    2 good choices there. You'll get a lot of fun out of Just Cause. Just bear in mind that the difficulty curve goes vertical for the last level. All plain sailing until then. Stranglehold is great. VF, not my cup of tea, but I don't really like fighters. Mainly because I suck ass at them.

I do like fighters, but so far I'm finding it quite difficult to get into. Seems very complex.

Just Cause is ridiculously easy at the moment, so I'll keep that in mind for the end. I did the 5 minutes at highest wanted level acheivement last night with the 2 basic handguns and was never in danger of dying! Taking on choppers even ;)

Stranglehold is also good mindless fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I think Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising is easily going to be the best game of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Sraw

Fight Night out soon and Call of Juarez might be worth a look. But to be honest the only game that has got me giddy comes out in Rocktober. The more I see of Brutal Legend the bigger my smile gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Been playing quite a lot of tales of vesperia. It's very good but it hasn't gripped me like tales of symphonia did. Ghostbusters doesn't look that appealing at all. Batman seems like it good be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I would advise doing what I'm doing. Go onto ASDA online or something like that and buy 3 or 4 of those games that you once thought looked good but never played and buy them for peanuts. Bought Dead Space and Mortal Kombat vs DC universe for about €30 for the pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Is Splinter Cell Conviction really due out 1st Sept? I may be looking at a stretch on the dole at that stage, so this would indeed be brilliant news :D

Woooo! Ghostbusters is currently residing in a suitcase on it's way to me for collection tomorrow afternoon!

Advertisement