Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m.boards.ie - Issues with redirects and PMs

Options
  • 15-06-2009 10:59pm
    Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭

Ive noticed the pm system giving problems in mobile. It gives a message that your bein transferred to another server about a dozen times. Then tells you the information is incompatible or something. Trouble is the message sends each time the server msg comes up. I ended up sendin one poor sod the same message about 25 times. Oops. Also when you hit reply, the recipient and title panes have the wrong info in them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Oryx wrote: »
    Ive noticed the pm system giving problems in mobile. It gives a message that your bein transferred to another server about a dozen times. Then tells you the information is incompatible or something. Trouble is the message sends each time the server msg comes up. I ended up sendin one poor sod the same message about 25 times. Oops. Also when you hit reply, the recipient and title panes have the wrong info in them.

Did this start happening recently or did it always do that?

If it started happening recently, when (roughly even) did it start?

What browser/phone are you using?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

What network are you on?

Some networks share ip addresses which may cause issues.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I dont often use mobile for pms, but the incorrect info within title and recipient panes started a few weeks ago. The server reroute message always comes up once using mobile for either forum posts or pms, but this is the first time (Sunday) that it caused a problem like I describe, with it coming up repeatedly, and sending the message without me realising.

Im using a Nokia, not sure of the model, a midrange slider phone. 3 network. Whatever browser comes with Nokia I presume. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I guessed as much. 3 use a webproxy that caches afaik.

Problem is with 3 not boards :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Jonathan wrote: »
    webproxy that caches
    I have no idea what that actually means, but as long as I know where the issue is thats good enough for me. I just wont be using my phone for pms if I can avoid it. :) Thanks.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement