Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this ban justified?

Options
  • 15-06-2009 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have just got a permanent ban on the personal issues forum by the mod xiney.
    The main reason is that I passed a comment regarding older married people using facebook, bebo, etc.
    The thread is in relation to a wife finding out about her husband mailing another woman on one of these sites.
    My statement was that I thought that those sites were only for young people, not married men with kids.
    My post has been deleted and I am shown the door.
    Xiney said there were other posts that I had made as well but when asked what were the posts no answer was given. Well actually xiney said he/she couldn't remember.
    A permanent ban seems a bit extreme.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm not sure how strict they are there, they certainly are in PI. I'll give access to Xiney to reply here if your post was deleted.

/ah Xiney has access here already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

OK, thanks Gordon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

you posted in another thread, telling a man who had caught his father attempting to set up meetings for sex with other women behind his wife's (the OP's mother) back, that he'll be up to the same thing when he's his father's age so leave him alone.

Given those posts, I assumed you were trolling, which is an automatic permaban from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Upon discussion with fellow mods, I've decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were not trolling. I have lifted your ban.

However, please take the time to read the forum charter and note in particular the fact that unhelpful and off topic posts are sufficient to be banned from Personal Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

OK, fair enough.
    I am well aware of the forum charter and what I posted was genuine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement