Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you had 100 Million Euro what would you get?

• 15-06-2009 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭

Let's say you won the Euro Millions and got 100 million. What would you do with it or how would you spend it?

P.S sorry if this has been done

My Ideas
    (1)Move to America and buy a mansion somewhere like Boston or LA

(2)Start up my own production/Record company that's primary function is to help up and coming Rock bands make a name as well as finanacing movies and other projects

(3)Open a Night Club

(4)Buy a Mustang V6 Convertible as well as a Jaguar XJ

(5)Buy a Private Jet

(6)Holiday Home in Kerry

(7)Buy one of those huge Mobile Homes like the one Ned Flanders had and travel around the USA

(8)Use my money to help science such as finding a cure for cancer as well as other fatal illnesses.

(9)Keep the rest for a rainy day

(10)Make sure the family is settled

(11)Give a little of my money to the Irish healthcare and education system

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

You can have 100 million euro or what's in this box.

The box! The box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Get a big suitcase and fly to Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i'd probably trade it with paris for a blowjob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Convert it to US treasury bonds, hide them in a suitcase and head to Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

100 million 1 euro scratch cards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Let's say you won the Euro Millions and got 100 million. What would you do with it or how would you spend it?

I'd probably just give it to brian cowen rather than drag the issue out.

Hilton?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Wait about another 6 months for the market to bottom out and buy Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

I'd buy most of the stuff I want. Then spend the remaining 90 million on hookers and blow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So many gorgeous, beautiful women in the world and you'd give that skank 100m for a blowjob. What a waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

1. Get passport
    2. Collect Winnings
    3. GTFOutta Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

clamidia

I'd probably spend it on iron on transfers and Boards.ie subscriptions.

Hilton?

you've seen that movie 2:)

So many gorgeous, beautiful women in the world and you'd give that skank 100m for a blowjob. What a waste.

easy come, easy go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Riddle101 wrote: »

(6)Donate some money to education systems over here

(7)Donate some money to the Irish Health Care system

ROTFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Cars for my family, re-decorate my room, trip to SA to visit my sister and put the rest aside for my future oh and I'd obviously give money to each immeidate family member.

I'm easily pleased lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A couple o' bags of penny sweets. :D *waits for shopkeeper reaction*

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

easy come, easy go...

Still talking about hilton, are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Buy boards and make myself Emperor Chin the Ultimate

• Advertisement

you've seen that movie 2:)

No, it's just my disbelief that you would waste 100 million euro on that skanky whore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Buy a grand old house (I know the one I want already)

Buy 7 classic cars and a runabout new tin box.

Start shopping at Super Quinn and M&S

Subscribe to Sky Sports

Set up 50 or so direct debits for good causes which would be paid out of interest every month.

Buy Waterford Utd and get them into the Champions League group stages within 2 seasons (just for the laugh).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Aysha

A good security system.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Buy land. Buy a lot. In northern spain the basque resion. In any number of places in italy. In the west of ireland and in dublin. In greece. Design house for each place in tune with the landscape. No white bungalows. Buy art. Buy antiques. Buy great cars, park one in each. All classic. Only a small number as I've only one arse so can only drive one at a time. Travel the world with those homes as my variable base. Spend the rest in research in renewable energy stuff.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Hire Joe Pesci as my personal bodyguard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Buy my own niteclub, hire a few real staff and a proper manager for the mundane, day to day stuff.

Hire my mates to work for me*

*=by work I mean get a decent wage for fúckin about 2 days a week, spending the rest of the week inviting great looking women in the club back to my luxuriously fitted office with a fully fitted free bar, and give out free bottles of champagne. Anyone me/they don't like can GTFO, "bouncers over here plz." I'd also have some búll**** legal loop hole built in that classes the bar as an invite or members only club or something like that so I don't get the balls sued offa me for discrimination when I turf people out.

I have it all planned you see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Hire Joe Pesci as my personal bodyguard.
    Pfft!
    Do it right and hire The A-Team.:pac:
    /just don't pick Liam Neeson as Hannibal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Buy Cristiano Ronaldo and make him my bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

Buy happiness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Read up of plenty of times where becoming a sudden millionaire can cause lots of problems, in regards to whatever relationship, causing the person to become pretty isolated.

If I won the lotto, or inherited a vast fortune, I would try to keep it as quiet as much as possible and not advertise myself with useless mansions or cars that can go 250km/h or w/e that are stuck to roads on 80km/h to begin with...

So if you were handed 100 million euro you'd just go "Nah, sorry, I hear people get pretty isolated when they win the lotto."?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

So if you were handed 100 million euro you'd just go "Nah, sorry, I hear people get pretty isolated when they win the lotto."?

Course I'd take it - just don't want to advertised out to people as being one, then start attracting people looking for money and what have you. I would really hate having people who start 'acting nice' just because you're rich then. Worst so if they're family members, ones that you've not seen in awhile. Or quarrels within your own family asking for a share, etc.

Ahh, you edited your post. I didn't catch the last part.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Read up of plenty of times where becoming a sudden millionaire can cause lots of problems, in regards to whatever relationship, causing the person to become pretty isolated.

I don't know really, I mean if you have good friends before you win say the lotto then you know they are not with you for your money, and if it was me I would treat them to lots of good things to make life easier for them.

But I can see where it would cause problems in families as some would automatically think they were in for a handout regardless of how you got on beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mumof3angels

I know this is going to sound daft but "dont want it" would b happy with lotto plus 1 or 2
    enough to buy a house and pay for my kids education
    Sad I know but I have always believed that that much money will bring nothing but unhappiness

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Well that would cost you a Euro - what would you do with the rest?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I know this is going to sound daft but "dont want it" would b happy with lotto plus 1 or 2
    enough to buy a house and pay for my kids education
    Sad I know but I have always believed that that much money will bring nothing but unhappiness
    Money buys you nothing but time. Time is the most important and valuable thing you have. It buys you the option of working as a wage slave for life. It gives you the means to explore the world. That may bring you happiness.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

I'd buy a house in Venice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Wibbs wrote: »
    Money buys you nothing but time. Time is the most important and valuable thing you have. It buys you the option of working as a wage slave for life. It gives you the means to explore the world. That may bring you happiness.

Sorry Wibbs, have to disagree here.
    Money can't buy you time just look at Jade Goody.
    No amount of money in the world will buy you time if your time is up.
    /now you're going to say you didn't mean it like that:o

€100m would buy me the 39 hours a week that I spend working and let me do something else with it. Sure I'd probably waste it, but think of all the sleep ins.

• Advertisement

Oh I'm thinking.;)
    Edit:
    You didn't mean for me to think of the sleep ins with you, did you?:o

Buy Cristiano Ronaldo and make him my bitch

i'd send him the dvd of me and paris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭briktop

id quit work with extreme prejudice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Buy a virgin....

Nah seriously
    1) Move to Australia
    2) Invest
    3) Sorted for life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

id give each one of my family 5 million Id drag all my mates to a fancy sports car garage and tell them to take there pick of what car they wanted Id walk into an estate agents and buy a big house with plenty of room.for car's and all the other toys with about 30 achers of land, I bring my mates to vages give them 200,000 each and say lets have some fun.. for a week or two. donate 5 million in the research of dyslexia and vibro mialga.

Id buy my self a house in Monico and a chalet in my favorite ski resort, id then buy a house in Maui, Id buy all the toys I ever wanted...

From there id buy a plane ticket India and check out the taj mahol, then Id go do the Siberian train journey, then Id go check out Patagonia in south america.

id go check out all the mouthiness rejoins of the world k2 and some others... I'd just travelle and see the world do all the sport i wanted to do and live the life i want to live but need lots of money to....

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Well my life goal is actually to get at least 100 million... So yeah, this is a great thread OP! :D

Mansion in Cali., Mansion in Florida, Penthouse in Manhattan, Yacht in Florida, Private Jet, Lamborghini in all 3 places, and then it's off to travel the world!

Just invest the remainder in several businesses until I need some more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Full music studio in a nice california mansion, private jet, fancy car. Anything else I wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

" I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man."

True but her last days would have been much worse if she was still living in a sink estate relying on the NHS. She may even have died earlier. I would say there are quite a few people out there who have survived because they had the resources to pay for superior health care. Her kids would no likely be in care too. Money still wins I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'd give a 1/3 to a 1/2 of it away to friends and charity.

Fuck working. I'd bring up my kid, do a couple more degrees, and take it easy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement