Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you had 100 Million Euro what would you get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Build my own house in Galway make that my proper home where i would eb based. Buy places in New York, Italy, and Switzerland that i could stay in whenever i wanted to feck off! Give each of my closest friends a million or two each. Pay off my familys mortgages throw them money too. Open a restaurant and a bar. Go travelling. Invest. Oh and do a masters and a phd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'd buy a nuclear power plant, only to sell it back to it's owner for 50 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Hilton?
    for 100 million Euro I'd expect the whole city of Paris to be lined up on it's knees.

anyway, i've lost all respect for Paris Hilton now she's been with Ronaldo. i thought she had standards. i know they were "tapeworm limbo Olympics" low, but I didn't think she'd stoop THAT low! :)

now, if I had 100 million quid, I'd be ordering myself a luxury submarine like THIS and go off sailing the seven seas. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Get the FCUK out of Ireland and go to California where all the women are gorgeous and are well no easy way to say this...they aint stuck up materialistic irish birds!

Buy a few properties there and set up the best Irish pub San diego has ever seen!

Live it up!

Id prob take a Sh!t and wipe my arse with a 200Euro Bill! just to see what the craic was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

The usual car's and houses for family and myself. I'd buy a bar and make it a private club for my closest friends. I'd put €10m aside for it to run and let them drink for free until it ran out.
    I'd buy a nice season ticket to Old Trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

There's a really nice hat I saw in H&M the last day.

I'd probably get that and wear it to the pub where I'd buy imported beer all night.

Eh...... after that I'd have to have a think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

id give each one of my family 5 million Id drag all my mates to a fancy sports car garage and tell them to take there pick of what car they wanted Id walk into an estate agents and buy a big house with plenty of room.for car's and all the other toys with about 30 achers of land, I bring my mates to vages give them 200,000 each and say lets have some fun.. for a week or two. donate 5 million in the research of dyslexia and vibro mialga.

Id buy my self a house in Monico and a chalet in my favorite ski resort, id then buy a house in Maui, Id buy all the toys I ever wanted...

From there id buy a plane ticket India and check out the taj mahol, then Id go do the Siberian train journey, then Id go check out Patagonia in south america.

id go check out all the mouthiness rejoins of the world k2 and some others... I'd just travelle and see the world do all the sport i wanted to do and live the life i want to live but need lots of money to....

a dictionary would be a good investment also.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

The FVCK out of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Open a gun shop in Limerick that sells these

Then build a roof over the country and employ all the recently unemployed construction workers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I'd give five of my best mates 1m each and give my brother, dad and mam 5m each. Then I'd buy an apartment in London and Paris, maybe New York, and a summer villa in Florence. I'd buy a matte black lamborghini and a souped up pontiac firebird and hire a financial advisor to help me play the stockmarket. And of course, a solid gold toilet and jetpack. Possibly a moat for my villa with sharks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Swim in it :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

battser wrote: »
    Get the FCUK out of Ireland and go to California where all the women are gorgeous and are well no easy way to say this...they aint stuck up materialistic irish birds!

100 million would surely get you some time with "materialistic Irish birds", wouldn't it?

Expensive cherry-pop though, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

I'd change try and get it all changed into 1cents and buy everything i wanted, 1 cent at a time like an old lady counting her pennys!

"I'll take the mansion!"
    -"It's 4.5 million euro."
    "Right just let me get my penny jars...."

RonMexico wrote: »
    Open a gun shop in Limerick that sells these
    a brilliant idea to be sure, but possibly one with a very limited customer base with very few referrals. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

prendy wrote: »
    a dictionary would be a good investment also.:rolleyes:

I don't get it is it arrogance or boosting your self, coming out with a comment like that?

does it make you feel good to put down some one who try's there hardist to spell as correctly as possible! Yet for some stuck up poor excuse for a human always has to come along and bash some one, for not spelling up to your standard
    but there your standards

What are you to me?

nothing..... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Let's say you won the Euro Millions and got 100 million. What would you do with it or how would you spend it?

(4)Buy a Mustang V6 Convertible as well as an Atari Jaguar XJ

Fixed that for you!:cool:

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Fixed that for you!:cool:
    oh the roffles. :)

to be fair though, he'd only be buying it for yore ma! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

People are talking like 100 million is alot of money. those kind of amount are just disappearing every day out of anglo irish bank and nobody can see where its going. It couldnt be that much. pocket change i say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

I'd roll with a serious entourage. Me, Mary Harney and Lindsey Lohan would party like it 1999!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I'd hire 2 Private Investigators and get them to follow each other around :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

First thing I'd do with €100m is I'd buy an apartment here so that I had nice view when I looked out the window in the morning

mickdw wrote: »
    People are talking like 100 million is alot of money. those kind of amount are just disappearing every day out of anglo irish bank and nobody can see where its going. It couldnt be that much. pocket change i say
    i've worked in a couple of banking companies (doing IT stuff) and I can tell you now that they know where every single cent goes when it comes in and when it goes out.

i can guarantee you now with absolute certainty that SOMEONE knows where that money went, they're just not saying anything. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Buy myself a nice little condo overlooking Las Vegas Strip

have all my friends over to LV as often as I could

get the parents set up with whatever they want

buy a corporate box in Stamford Bridge and Croke Park

Maserati sports car

travel the world

New York Condo

Parisian Condo

Private Island in South Pacific

...I probably overran the €100m budget there tho... considering I'd lose the lot in a few nights in Vegas!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pay off my own mortgage, then burn my house tot he f**king ground!
    Pay off my 2 friends and give the other one some money to buy one.

Buy a bar/restaurant for the GF to run (one of her dreams).

Go to USA.. buy townhouse in Manhattan..
    Buy a bar there
    A circa 1965 Corvette Stingray
    Holiday home in Aspen
    Lake side retreat in Montana
    Ramch in Colorado at the foot of the Rockies.

Thought about this a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

I'd buy Ronaldo and snap his legs off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Id buy a few cds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

I'd get about 50k in cash and walk around Dublin on a sunny day. I'd approach busty babes and offer them €1,000 if they let me spunk all over their face and tits. If they refused I'd offer €2,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

100 million roma gypsy donations.

Shmuck wrote: »
    I'd get about 50k in cash and walk around Dublin on a sunny day. I'd approach busty babes and offer them €1,000 if they let me spunk all over their face and tits. If they refused I'd offer €2,000.

So you expect to find (at least) 25 busty babes walking around dublin? :confused: You probably should take another 3k of that 100mil and invest in some lasik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

So you expect to find (at least) 25 busty babes walking around dublin? :confused: You probably should take another 3k of that 100mil and invest in some lasik.

WTF? On a sunny day you can't walk a couple of yards without seeing some amazing, big titted, gorgeous babe wearing revealing clothes, my real fear is that I will splodge the load in my trousers before I'm able to whip my cock out. I don't expect to find 25 girls willing to let me degrade them, but if I find a girl who's really worth it I'll offer her up to €10,000, thats why I'm taking 50k with me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hernandinho

i'd buy a tractor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

Enjoy a relaxing family holiday in Barbados
    Go to Vegas with my hubby and a bunch of friends
    Throw a huge party for family & friends where I hand out goodie bags full of fabulous things for ladies and cool gadgets for men
    Buy a few houses around the world
    Buy a couple of cars
    Trust funds for my kids
    Travel around the world and experience different cultures
    Lots and lots of shoes, clothes, bags & makeup :)
    Take care of my family financially
    Open a restaurant
    Liking the idea of a nite club
    Have a professional makeup artist & hairdresser on hand at all times
    Do whatever I want whenever I want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

100 million doesn't last as long as it used to, just last week it cose me 95 billion to get to Switzerland :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Whats the mentality behind people wanting to open restraurants? You've got a 100 million ffs! Why do you want to serve slop to Joe Shmuck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

dilallio wrote: »
    I'd hire 2 Private Investigators and get them to follow each other around :D

You, my friend, are a genius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I'd get something nice in for dinner. I'm starving. You might be rich but you gotta eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I'd invite the most annoying people I know to airsoft with me.

But my gun isn't an airsoft gun *Evil Grin*

Bar that, I'd buy some land, build a house on it, and blow it up. Or plant a charge inside the house and snipe at the charge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

id buy a nice massive plot of land and build a mansion of a house, with indoor swimming pool, bar and mini nite club.
    id buy a nite club somewhere
    id buy a nice little hotel somewhere
    id go on a lovely fancy 5star holiday
    id buy some cool cars
    id buy a corporate box at anfield
    id pay off all my family and friends mortgages
    id give my family money
    id take all my mates to a cool holiday in usa
    id give some donations to charity
    id live a comfortable life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Ten Billion Cola Bottles

• Advertisement

auditek923 wrote: »
    id buy a nice massive plot of land and build a mansion of a house, with indoor swimming pool, bar and mini nite club.
    id buy a nite club somewhere
    id buy a nice little hotel somewhere
    id go on a lovely fancy 5star holiday
    id buy some cool cars
    id buy a corporate box at anfield
    id pay off all my family and friends mortgages
    id give my family money
    id take all my mates to a cool holiday in usa
    id give some donations to charity
    id live a comfortable life

How Freudian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

:)pay the mortgage
    do up the house
    buy a ducati 999 motorbike
    buy an aprilia rsv mille
    buy a penthouse apartment in new york
    buy a luxury home in paris
    buy a luxury home in spain
    buy a luxory home somewhere in italy
    buy designer wardrobe
    hire a cook
    hire a cleaner
    hire a make up artist
    hire a hairdresser
    buy a private plane
    go on plenty on long extended holidays
    take care of family
    help out mates
    build a big kennel for all the mistreated animals and not put them down...
    help out many charities - buy them the stuff they need as administration costs take most money you donate
    pay of the credit card - extend limit now and put in major credit
    build a homeless shelter in every county in ireland
    build drug rehabilitation unit in each county
    buy an island for our lovely government to park their useless asses in and sever their links to the main land by cutting phone lines, taking away any means of escape...lol
    smile and laugh alot at the sheer joy of being able to go up to the boss and telling him he can absolutely shove the job where the sun dont shine...and telling my annoying customers what i really think of em as i walk out the door cause i could with 100m

with 100m the list is really endless so ill stop here...and dream what i would do with the rest of the money - god the interest alone ...right am of to dreamsville and to search for a euro or two behind the couch to play euromillions on friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

How Freudian.

Pop's Diner, you have to be an old school teacher in a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches. Either that our you have OCD when it comes to grammer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I'd probably get a taxi through every single road in Ireland, just to see how much it would rake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Erm I Don't Know Know What I Would Blow It All On, Newcastle? Nah To Much Of A Risk :P I'd Order A Hitman To Pat Dolans House :) Then I'd Get The Likes Of Chuck Liddel To Give Joey Barton A Taste Of His Own Medicine :) Buy A House In Australia + America And A Villa In Spain And A New Car For Everyday Of The Week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Buy lots of land.
    Build an amazing racetrack.
    Buy a Bugatti Veyron.
    Buy a lot of petrol.
    Enjoy life to its fullest:D:D:D

Nah, seriously, i'd give loads to my family and friends, buy them all cars and stuff, give loads to my friends to pay off their drug debts!! rofl...
    Also, I'd buy all the woods in Leixlip, kick out the damn skangers, let all my friends in and hire people to build them amazing huts that won't ever get burnt down.
    -yeah I'm pretty weird and don't have much of a life :pac:...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

100 million cups of coffee.

Or Canada. Yeah I'd buy Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭CAPSLOCK365

I'd buy 10,000 cats and set them loose in a minefield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I'd spend it on Drink, Drugs and Women. The rest I'll squander

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

I'd hire a gimp to follow Cowan around.

and maybe a cornetto.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Id buy boards.ie and delete this thread...not because i dont like it...just because i can :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement