Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom, Downloading, internet censoring...aggh!

Options
  • 16-06-2009 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Ive gone through a few of the stickies above in the hope that it will clear up a few questions for me about the whole eircom and downloading thing...but im actually alot more confused then when I started! :o
    • Ok basically I know that if your with eircom you cant download movies or music from p2p - is that correct?
    • Or is it only from certain website you cant - the part about pirate bay confused me totally. If it is only certain websites, how do people know what they are and to avoid them??
    • Does this mean that people can still download stuff from p2p programmes like Frostwire, limewire and the likes?
    • Is it actually the downloading thats now illegal or what? how do they know what youve downloaded (eg a large file or photos is probably the same mb as a song or tv show, so how can they tell the difference)?
    • Is it only eircom thats enforcing this at the moment? are other ISP going to follow suit (or is that all off now because the EU rejected it)

Again sorry about not completely understanding the stickies, and if you can just give me all the information in laymans terms too :P
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement