Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charles Barkley - Dublin Aug 2009

• 16-06-2009 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

it appears that former NBA star charles barkley will be in dublin / london during the course of august to run some training camps

is this something that might interest any of ye
    he'll have 2/3 former nba coaches with him - think some of the crew from his phoenix suns days will be here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood :D

Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Link???????

Barkley can barely run these days, how is he gonna run a training camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Barkley is a legend full stop. If this actually does happen I'll defintely be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

You don't need to partake in the running to be able to train people you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

How many coaches actually partake in training??? unless they are a player coach! i have seen a coach run a hand full of times in training. and that was for short demos or to get a point across. outside that its all direction..

• Advertisement

Barkley is my favorite player of all time but i just dont see this happening, although maybe he's coming over to play with the subway blizzards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 QuinnyC

Ye Maybe Vinny. You think he could afford the 500 though?:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

Great news for Irish basketball if he gets a session going here in Ireland....earlier this year Mike Thibault the WNBA coach of the Conneticut Suns ran a few coaching clinics around the country. I read that Bob McKillop, coach of Div 1 Davidson College is running a coaching clinic in Jordanstown this Sunday......the more international coaching exposure we get in Ireland the better I reckon!!!! I remember years ago, John Stockton made an appearance out in the national basketball arena and there was massive interest........Barkley would be off the chart !!!

I know bumping old threads is frowned upon but whats the latest on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

very interested too..

• Advertisement

Sea Devils wrote: »
    I know bumping old threads is frowned upon but whats the latest on this?

Id say theres as much chance of Barkley coming as there is of the whole dream team doing a camp over here.

Vinnie K wrote: »
    the whole dream team doing a camp over here.

Whens that happening?;)

I agree with you though. It seems far fetched and preposterous for a former NBA Star to do a Basketball Camp over here but the OP would have a better idea of the likelihood tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

the barkley deal looks a little unlikely now - apparently charles has swine flu or something like the condition!

but - through connections with Auburn University (Charles' old haunt) it is highly probable that both wesley person and aaron swinson will be in ireland during Aug 26th - Sept 4th..
    Both will be working in UCD for up to 3 days
    more details to come

conno16 wrote: »
    the barkley deal looks a little unlikely now - apparently charles has swine flu or something like the condition!

but - through connections with Auburn University (Charles' old haunt) it is highly probable that both wesley person and aaron swinson will be in ireland during Aug 26th - Sept 4th..
    Both will be working in UCD for up to 3 days
    more details to come

:eek:

Person and Swinson obviously won't have the same attraction as the Chuckster but it hopefully still will draw people.

tbh he more or less priced himself out of a trip to Irl
    will be in the UK though this autumn - contact England Basketball
    they are also aiming to bring pat ewing and scott pippen (hall of famer next year) to the UK in 2010
    it would be our intention to jump on that bandwagon but fees are a huge problem at present

they are also aiming to bring pat ewing and scott pippen (hall of famer next year) to the UK in 2010
    it would be our intention to jump on that bandwagon but fees are a huge problem at present

To be honest, i dont believe a word you've written! Now if im wrong ill stand up and apologise. But can we have some proof off all this and also that your actually involved!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

bs,bull,crap,no-588f5244819078bd70615097121db006_m.jpg

kenny the jet smith is in ireland this summer for a training camp
    PM for details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Candleman

is this the kenny smith camp being run at DCU this summer?

any chance of getting barkley back to ireland :confused:

i have not heard anything about a dcu event
    our version is still going through the planning stages
    you are right though, kenny smith is in ireland for most of july as far as i know

• Advertisement
Advertisement