Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should males be allowed to post on this forum?

Options
  • 16-06-2009 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

....do boards users on here feel threatened by male use of the 'ladies lounge'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

What are they doing with it :eek:

I don't feel as comfortable posting here as I would if it was a mostly female, or all female forum.
    I have thought refrained from posting basic things in the health topics, because of the male audience.

I think this forum should stay as is, but that there should be a female only subsection. An inner sanctum that every female user on boards has automatic access too.
    With maybe a minimal post count requirement, to deter the utterly pathetic loser lurkers types who might set up alt accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

boards.ie could be then like the internet version of the south african apartheid OMG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

mink_man wrote: »
    no
    :mad: you sexist bastard!

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I don't feel as comfortable posting here as I would if it was a mostly female, or all female forum.
    I have thought refrained from posting basic things in the health topics, because of the male audience.

I think this forum should stay as is, but that there should be a female only subsection. An inner sanctum that every female user on boards has automatic access too.
    With maybe a minimal post count requirement, to deter the utterly pathetic loser lurkers types who might set up alt accounts.

but HOW would you know who is male or female *SHIFTS EYES*:confused:

Ask them when they register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Seriously? How could you possibly get a female only section on Boards, there's no way to confirm what sex you are on the site.

I know i'd be rightly pissed off it the lads were looking for a men only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

The Internet where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I wouldn't feel threatened by male presence in any forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I wouldnt post here if it were a solely female forum. I for one welcome our male overlords :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Moonbaby wrote: »

Start a girls only socail group if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Why would we feel threatened? They're just usernames and text, tbh men on the internet are no different to women- again just text and usernames.

thats the kinda talks that ends you up inside a morgue

themadchef wrote: »
    Seriously? How could you possibly get a female only section on Boards, there's no way to confirm what sex you are on the site.

Obviously there is an element of trusting peoples intentions.

themadchef wrote: »
    I know i'd be rightly pissed off it the lads were looking for a men only one!

I don't see why tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Fine ill leave :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

markopantelic perhaps the question should have been " should markopantelic be allowed to post on this forum?" The answer? Not for a week.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement