Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career guidance regarding postgard courses

Options
  • 16-06-2009 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Anyone know where i could get career guidance on postgrad courses. Unable to get one on one advice from my college so just wondering is there anywhere else I could get advice from. Stuck between two different masters courses! -Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

What are they in? Someone here might be able to help. Other than that...I dunno, you're college really should offer something, but I suppose you could ask one of your lecturers/tutors?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tasha90

What are they in? Someone here might be able to help. Other than that...I dunno, you're college really should offer something, but I suppose you could ask one of your lecturers/tutors?

Thanks a mill, due to lack of careers guidance staff they only spoke to us in our course groups and weren't able to offer us one on one. Stuck between finance or accounting. Would prefer accounting but job prospects don't look good in that area, so thinking finance as its a broader area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

There are a number of threads on this alrady in this forum if you have a look through. Then maybe come back and be a bit more specific.

Would help to know what you're currently studying, the areas that interest you (other than accounting), where you live or prepared to live. All this would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tasha90

ixus wrote: »
    There are a number of threads on this alrady in this forum if you have a look through. Then maybe come back and be a bit more specific.

Would help to know what you're currently studying, the areas that interest you (other than accounting), where you live or prepared to live. All this would help.
    thanks ixus, just did finance and accounting. so limited to doing a masters in those topics. would be prepared to live in dub, waterford, cork, maynooth and limerick. I tried to get a job this year with my degree but got no where, so I thought a masters would help me and keep me from being unemployed for the year at least.But everyone saying, including a number of threads on these boards that there is an oversupply of accountants and will be for many years to come.

Advertisement