Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CHEATERS!

• 16-06-2009 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

Chinese police have detained 40 people in multiple cases of alleged high-tech cheating on the country's make-or-break university entrance exams, state media reported. Skip related content
    Related photos / videos

Anxious parents wait outside the school gate as their children sit exams in Shanghai Enlarge photo

In north Shanxi province, six people were detained for allegedly selling receivers to students so they could be fed the correct answers during the June 7-9 tests, the Xinhua news agency said late Sunday.
    The detainees included four students and one middle school teacher, according to the agency.
    In northeastern Jilin province, a total of 34 suspects have been detained for trying to cheat during the exams, Xinhua said.
    It was not immediately clear if the suspects had been charged, or what the charges would be.
    Ten million students sat for the highly competitive exams, which are considered crucial for Chinese families, as they can determine whether a student enters the country's educated elite or joins the general work force.
    Authorities this year announced stepped-up efforts to crack down on cheating after more than 1,000 applicants were caught cheating on China's civil servant exams, with some using earpieces and wireless transmitters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

They're gonna take em down to Chinatown.

I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

OP is this your first time visiting a news site or something? 2 new topics in a short space of time Oo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Cheaters cheaters never win.
    I thought the Chinese were an honorable people.
    /is nothing real anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

OP is this your first time visiting a news site or something? 2 new topics in a short space of time Oo

very observant!

well done!

would you like a lollipop?

Snyper?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

mink_man wrote: »
    Chinese police have detained 40 people in multiple cases of alleged high-tech cheating on the country's make-or-break university entrance exams, state media reported. Skip related content
    Related photos / videos

Anxious parents wait outside the school gate as their children sit exams in Shanghai Enlarge photo

In north Shanxi province, six people were detained for allegedly selling receivers to students so they could be fed the correct answers during the June 7-9 tests, the Xinhua news agency said late Sunday.
    The detainees included four students and one middle school teacher, according to the agency.
    In northeastern Jilin province, a total of 34 suspects have been detained for trying to cheat during the exams, Xinhua said.
    It was not immediately clear if the suspects had been charged, or what the charges would be.
    Ten million students sat for the highly competitive exams, which are considered crucial for Chinese families, as they can determine whether a student enters the country's educated elite or joins the general work force.
    Authorities this year announced stepped-up efforts to crack down on cheating after more than 1,000 applicants were caught cheating on China's civil servant exams, with some using earpieces and wireless transmitters.

Thread title / Post

Yore the cheat! :(

Abigayle wrote: »
    Thread title / Post

Yore the cheat! :(
    huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thought it was the TV Show. I'd love an Irish version of it, love it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Thought it was the TV Show. I'd love an Irish version of it, love it.

ya, saw the show once or twice, i giggled long time!

ya, saw the show once or twice, i giggled long time!
    Are you Chinese?

• Advertisement

oh ya, i learned my english from this!

A whiteboard?
    Teachers in this country actually write on theirs.

how do i get the vid to show up?

if the full link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8P2jtn4J4M what should i put in the brackets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I remember this from last year. It's the same story every year with this exam in China. A few parents were arrested and given prison sentences last year too.

Fckn ridiculous the amount of pressure these kids are under to succeed. No wonder loads of them turn out to be head cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

how do i get the vid to show up?

if the full link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8P2jtn4J4M what should i put in the brackets?

Delete all except L8P2jtn4J4M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

very observant!

well done!

would you like a lollipop?

I want a lollipop, who has the lollipops ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I want a lollipop, who has the lollipops ?

Lol. Dangerous talk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yer topic is nothing but complete Plagarism!

- Drav!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Id love a Chinese now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I despise Cheaters and/or Pumpkin Eaters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Abigayle wrote: »
    Lol. Dangerous talk.

I have a box of them at my desk :P all mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think it's a disgrace that these kids are getting this stupid waste of time education when my local elverys is currently out of nikes. They're still going to be communists at the end of it so what are they really learning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

ScumLord wrote: »
    I think it's a disgrace that these kids are getting this stupid waste of time education when my local elverys is currently out of nikes. They're still going to be communists at the end of it so what are they really learning?

Want a job at the Irish Daily Star?

Advertisement