Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tricolour stickers...

Options
  • 16-06-2009 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

not sure if this should go here, as its more dublin county then city. maybe for after hours...

but has anyone seen lots of tricolour stickers around the county of late. i've seen them all over. usually on the back of signs facing the opposite direction. some small, like a plaster, some bigger, like the size of an average remote control.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

a tricolour of what? the irish flag? nah havent seen it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I have seen these as well. They are on lamposts usually. I also saw some Scottish flags in Finglas also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah a tricolour of the ireland colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The National Flag should be more prominent in society, clean flags on public buildings etc but sticking it willy nilly about the place like advertising stickers is disrespectful.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I think those stickers began with taxi drivers using them on the roof sign as a 'tactful' way of indicating that the driver was Irish.
    Hagar wrote:
    clean flags on public buildings
    It drives my old lad nuts when the flags are not lowered at sundown as per protocol.

And then we have all those Irish soccer fans who seem to think nothing of defacing it - e.g. 'Davy Keogh says hello' et al.

It's time to reintroduce Civics at school.

[RANT]Why do so many flag makers not know the colours of our national flag? It is green, white and orange - not gold or yellow! :(:(:([RANT]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bearded1

SF sellotaped many small Irish tricolours to lamposts in the Dublin 12 area in the run-up to Easter, making the place look much like a republican stronghold of the north.

Anyways they never removed them and most are now filthy and tattered, very disrespectful to the flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bearded1 wrote: »
    most are now filthy and tattered
    .....just like SF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

well they didnt stop in dublin 12 obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

they're out the M1 aswell on the bottom of a lot of the sign posts. On the side facing you though, not on the back.
    Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

[RANT]Why do so many flag makers not know the colours of our national flag? It is green, white and orange - not gold or yellow! :(:(:([RANT]
    Some people don't like the Orange :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

Maybe some people think it's white and yellow for the Pope!;)

e.g. the idiot who recently put "prods out" graffiti near Kilbarrack Station.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dan_d wrote: »
    they're out the M1 aswell on the bottom of a lot of the sign posts. On the side facing you though, not on the back.
    Weird.
    So people can see them?

Advertisement